“One night stay”

Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Over all hotel was really nice. Staff was nice. Place clean, beds comfy and breakfast area was cozy seats too. Why not five stars..... Fire alarm at 10 pm and again at 10:12. Ug!!! Not sure why it went off. Just mentioning it in case it happens to be a chronic thing but if in area again, I would stay again.

Stayed: April 2014
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Jenn S,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We take pride in having a clean property overall- guestrooms, bathrooms and all common areas, as well as a having a friendly staff. I do apologize about the fire alarm going off later in the evening, caused by hot steam from a guestroom bathroom. All appropriate steps were taken by the hotel to ensure guests safety. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when in the area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Oneonta

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Beautiful hotel. Clean rooms and bathroom. Problem with reservation that I had called ahead to change but was quickly corrected. Main concern was that you could hear everything the guests in the next room were talking about.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Debi B,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We take pride in having a clean property overall- guestrooms, bathrooms and all common areas, as well as a having a friendly staff. I do apologize you had a problem with noise during your stay. Our hotel strongly enforces quiet hours to be courteous of all guests. We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and it exceeds my expectations time and time again. From the service to amenities to the cleanliness, it's a 5 star property. This hotel offers a quiet, yet convenient location for visiting Oneonta or Cooperstown, as well as surrounding communities.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear travelingtheglobe22,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We appreciate your loyalty as a guest to our property! Our goal is to exceed your expectations every stay and I am glad our staff has done so. As you had mentioned we do offer a great location for visiting Oneonta, Cooperstown and surrounding communities. We look forward to your next stay again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have stayed here a few times and it has been excellent every time. I have been forced to stay at other hotels due to the Hampton being booked and I must say there is no better place in a 50 mile radius of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph T

Dear Joseph T,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We appreciate your loyalty as a guest! I do apologize you have had to stay at other properties in the area due to our property being sold out. I would advise booking early as we do tend to get sold out quickly. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Last minutes decision to stay here - excellent service and facilities. Saw the hotel from the Interstate - did not see it listed on my GPS. Have stayed at many Hampton Inns across the USA and generally found them to be good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear george1882,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you considered our hotel to be a good value. As you mentioned, our hotel is a convenient location from I-88, directly off exit 13 and less than 2 miles from Main Street Oneonta. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here on 3/19 on our way back from Canada. The front desk people were nice. The pool was too cloudy and cold so I wouldn't let my son go in. Rooms were nice but once again - post it notes on beds to let us know the duvet and sheets were cleaned - but this time only 1 bed had the post it. Do i assume only 1 bed was cleaned? I don't like that at all very tacky. Very out of the way hotel but nice stores within a few minutes and Cooperstown is not so far from it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear gavinsmaaa,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear you were unhappy about your stay. I have shared your concern about the pool with our Maintenance Manager and he has already made adjustments. The post it notes on the headboards are a Hampton Brand Standard. It is also standard for us to put the post it on only one of the headboards. All beds are equipped with fresh linens and duvets for every guest. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night. It was a very enjoyable stay for us. The hotel was conveniently located just a minute drive to downtown Oneonta. The lobby was large and the receptionist was friendly and very efficient. She had our keys ready as soon as we checked in and in less than 3 minutes we were in our comfortable room. The room was large and very clean. Our one and only issue (although it is not really an issue, just more of a personal preference) was the bed was quite soft as were the pillows. We just prefer a bit firmer mattress, but it was still comfortable. Despite several rooms around us being booked, the hotel was quiet.The hotel pool and jacuzzi were clean and enjoyable. There is also a fitness center, but we did not use it during our stay. We used a popular travel site and got a great rate, but would stay here again whether we get a discount or not. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EternalStudent81

Dear EternalStudents81,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening at our property. We take pride in having a friendly, helpful and efficient front desk staff. We hope to see you again when in the area.

Ashley Camarata

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!