“Better than expected”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Brooklyn, New York
“Better than expected”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Seems like the hotel has recently been remodeled or at least new carpeting. The hotel is well kept, very clean and extremely quiet. You'd never know there is a highway right next to it! The breakfast was very good but the hot dishes needed replenishing and no one available. Waited around but nothing.

My only suggestion is that the shower head in the handicapped rooms be upgraded. Really not much pressure and awkward positioning.

All the staff was extremely helpful and courteous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear oneonta1,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our newly remodeled lobby. We actually completed our carpet enhancement in all guestrooms last week. Hampton is actually updating most of its breakfast bar items within the next few months. We hope you will stay with us again and be able to enjoy those new added items.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Coram, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a friends wedding and it was awesome. The staff was so friendly, clean rooms and great breakfast with different coffee and tea options!!! The wedding party had the conference room for the whole weekend which was so nice that we could all go there and hang out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear michruby,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the clean rooms, friendly staff and On-The-House Breakfast. We are glad the wedding party enjoyed their meeting room suite for gatherings. We enjoyed having the wedding party at the hotel.

Oneonta, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel seemed extremely new. The free breakfast layout is exceptional. The rooms were quiet as I didn't hear the guests next to me. I didn't use the WIFI, but the hardwire internet connection was good enough for video chat w/o any issues. The mini fridge & microwave in the room were perfect. The cookies at teh front desk each night were tasty and a very nice treat. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Tim L,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our exceptional breakfast. Our warm cookies are always ready for check in. We hope you will choose the Hampton Inn Oneonta when in the area again.

glasgow
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed her whilst visiting son at college. The Room was clean and comfortable, The staff very friendly, the free internet and breakfast was much appreciated. The constant supply of tea and coffee was very welcome. the gym and pool area were clean and sufficient for my needs and towels were freely available. overall a first class stay

Dear teddy_scot,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities- On-The-House Breakfast, Indoor Pool, Wifi and Fitness Center. We take pride in having a friendly staff and clean hotel. We hope you will stay with us again while visiting your son at college.

Lake View, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2013

chose this hotel due in part for the location near the soccer fields at which my daughter was playing at. The front desk was very knowledgeable of the area and recommended eateries that were close, good, and out of the way. Not packed with the soccer crowd.The hotel is located close to cooperstown and the soccer fields.The rooms were your basic Hampton Inn, with no surprises and clean.

Room Tip: try to get to the top floor, with 2 local colleges, generally one team or another may be staying at...
Dear redrt,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our basic Hampton amenities. We take pride in having a very knowledgeable and friendly front desk staff. Our location is convenient to the nearby soccer fields. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

new york
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent the weekend visiting with our nearby college attending grandsons, and were delighted with the Hampton Inn's accommodations and oh so pleasnt staff....The staff were cheerful and kind and helpful. I was delighted to find the duvet covers on the bed, so crisp and clean, instead of a bedspread, and a stall shower instead of a tub in our King size bedroom accommodation. Our daughter, the Mother of our grandsons, also stayed, and had the same wonderful experience as we did. Breakfast was a treat, and the aroma as you stepped out of the elevator was enticing. Thank you Hampton Inn..you made a family outing a wonderful treat. Your reputation for excellence is intact. Marie/Tom

Room Tip: The stall shower seems to be in the kingsize bedroom - the double bed room has a tub.
Dear Marie C,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the delightful accommodations along with pleasant staff. Our location is convenient to the nearby colleges, making visits easy. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

York
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We always choose Hampton Inn when possible and this one didn't disappoint. From check in to check out we had a positive experience. Four adults in our group, two king suites. The rooms were very clean and the bedding fresh and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very good also. We love how the Hampton has fresh baked cookies in the afternoon and a newspaper every morning. What I will always remember about this Hampton is how very pleasant Karrie at the front desk was and the recommendation she made for dinner. "Stella Luna" Italian Restaurant in the old train station was fabulous. Less than ten minutes from the hotel- it was so good we returned on our second evening in Oneonta. Our purpose of the trip was a stop in Cooperstown for the Baseball Hall of Fame which is about a 30 minute drive. Don't let the drive deter you from choosing the Hampton, its all beautiful country roads with no traffic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lilliana321
Dear Lilliana321,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you had such a great experience. We take pride in having clean and fresh bedding for each and every guest. Our warm cookies are always ready for check in. I will pass on your positive comments to Kerry our front desk agent.

Ashley Camarata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Holiday Inn Oneonta
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!