“Possibly a perfect hotel experience!”

Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Bethesda, MD
“Possibly a perfect hotel experience!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed in all kinds of hotels, from mom & pop to 5 star luxury hotels. This Hampton was everything a hotel stay should be. The room was clean, clean, clean. The bed was comfy, the towels were big and absorbent. The front desk staff was efficient and helpful. The hotel had coffee, and snacks for free. The hotel was kept up well and had a homey feel. Choose this hotel when staying in Oneonta! You won't regret it!

1 Thank callmeamby
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear callmeamby,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you found our hotel to be very clean and enjoyed the coffee and snacks. We take pride in having a very helpful and friendly staff. We hope you will stay with us again.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
washington, dc, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I will definitely stay there again, next time I am in Oneonta. We had a lovely stay. Our guest room and bathroom were clean, the breakfast was great and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Dear Elena M,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear that you found your stay to be lovely- from your room and bathroom being very clean to our complimentary On-The-House Breakfast. We look forward to your next stay again with us.

Yokosuka
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Once again, I'm glad I chose Hampton Inn at Oneonta for my visit to my hometown. Probably the biggest draw is their wonderful continental breakfast. But it was also the little things such as the cookies, the coffee, and the concerned room attendant who asked how I was noticing that I had a cough. Thomas Wolfe may have said, "You Can't Go Home Again," but Hampton Inn makes it worthwhile trying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear uinkii,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad we make your stays back in your hometown enjoyable. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities such as the On-The House Breakfast and Coffee and Cookies at check in as well.

Schenectady, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Needed to do some work at a hospital 32 miles away in Norwich, so needed a place to stay that was adequate for business. Very pleased with this Hampton Inn- staff were very helpful and room was clean and inviting-

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Karla W,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with our friendly staff and convenient location when traveling to Norwich. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Utica, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was great right from the time we walked into the lobby. Tastefully decorated and very pleasant, helpful staff. The room was nice with king size bed, microwave and refrigerator. Definitely the place to stay when in the area. Also close to many great attractions.

Dear Carolyn C,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you enjoyed our in room complimentary amenities such as the refrigerator and microwave. As you had mentioned- our hotel has recently been enhanced with our Perfect Mix Lobby. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We got there late. The days travel took us longer than we wanted it to last. The staff was Extremely welcoming! They offered us a smoking room(we do), that blew us away(no one does this anymore)! It was pouring rain and cooling off rapidly that night. The desk clerk also signing my gal up for hirewards which saved us some money on future stays during our trip. The room had a very large shower that would've been great, had we not been so tired from the days travel. Everything was VERY clean! We'd reccomend this Hampton to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask at the desk! They know their facility.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear jcontrols,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear your experience at our hotel exceeded all expectations and you felt extremely welcomed at check-in. We still do offer smoking rooms and was glad the front desk agent was able to accommodate you with one. We hope you will stay with us again while traveling by the area.

Athens, PA
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here one night while attending orientation at Hartwick College with our daughter. We were attended to immediately upon arriving at the desk. It was listed that we had requested a smoking room (very likely my error). The clerk was apologetic for the error and said she would move our room. She asked if I were a Hilton Honors member, I am, and she upgraded us to a suite. The suite was perfect (she even whispered which room we should pick since we were the parents). The suite was LARGE with a bedroom with a king bed and another with two queens.It worked out perfectly since we had two teenage girls with us. The room was pristine, the beds SO comfortable that we didn't want to get out of them the next morning. Bathroom was average to large, lots of space to spread out all the things teenage girls need to get pretty. There was a tub and separate shower, plenty of large towels, with four of us we didn't even use them all they were so plentiful. Small, flat screen TV in each room. Room temperature was easy to use and worked well. We never heard a sound all night and we were by a back door.

Breakfast was good, average for a hotel. Make your own waffles, cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, sausage patties, egg dish. Coffee was available 24 hours a day, free, in the lobby.

The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. A friend who would be staying with us was waiting for us in the lobby for about an hour before our arrival, When the desk clerk discovered she had been waiting for us she apologized "for not taking care of her." I only wish I could remember the desk clerk's name so I could mention it here.

We did not use the pool or fitness center, so no comments on that.

I would highly recommend this hotel when staying in Oneonta. We will certainly return. I honestly cannot find one negative thing to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed by a back door which made it very easy to get in and out to our car.
Dear prance,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our close location to Hartwick College. I am delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded room, one of the many benefits to being a Hilton HHonors member. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Ashley Camarata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Holiday Inn Oneonta
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!