“Hats OFF to Staff”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Westford, United States
“Hats OFF to Staff”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wonderful friendly people from front desk to morning breakfast to house cleaning. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Front desk staff were extra special to my 6 year old grandson. Easy commute to Cooperstown and local restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Joe M,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We take pride in having a friendly staff! I am glad the front desk was able to make your grandson feel extra special at our hotel. We hope you stay with us again when in the area.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great hotel! The staff was excellent, the bed was extremely comfortable, overall an above average experience. We were visiting Hartwick College and this was very convenient to the campus. When traveling to the Oneonta/Cooperstown area, this is the hotel you should stay at.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel while visiting Hartwick College. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again while in the area.

Whitesboro, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having stayed at many Hamptons, I found the Oneonta Hampton to be consistently good in terms of service and quality. Staff was friendly and breakfast was great. They are under going renovations but that's a sign of good business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear NYTinkerbell3,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We take pride in having a friendly staff. As you had mentioned, we are currently undergoing some enhancements. We hope you will return to our hotel again soon to see our new Perfect Mix Lobby.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had a room on the third floor --a non-smoking floor. I complained about the constant smell of smoke in the hallway and in my room. The front desk informed me that the fourth floor--where smoking is allowed--was to blame. The clerk reluctantly offered me the option to change rooms, but re-packing all my clothes and toiletries would have been inconvenient, so I just stayed in the room. Non-smoking rooms and floors shouldn't smell like smoke. Otherwise, the rooms were clean. The breakfast was good. The hotel is right near the interstate and within a few miles of downtown eateries. The lobby was being renovated while I was there.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank BrettWheeler
Dear BrettWheeler,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am sorry to hear about the smoking smell on a non-smoking floor. I will make sure to forward this concern to our Housekeeping department to address, as it is an important concern. I am glad that you had enjoyed your room. As you had mentioned, we are currently undergoing some enhancements. We hope you will return to our hotel again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is standard Hampton Inn. It's 20 miles from Cooperstown is you want to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame and the indoor pool is convenient year round. There are many families. The only comment I have is it seemed that noise from halls came into rooms louder than any other hotel of that same category. May be the doors or something. However, overall good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear jrankw,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, our indoor heated pool and hot tub is great for year round use. I am sorry that the halls were noisy during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again if you travel to the area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2013

After driving 3.5 hr, we checked into the Hampton inn. The woman we met at reception could n't have been nicer. She made up very welcome. The room was a suite that was very nice. We had a room with two queen beds and another room with a king bed. The room was clean, beds comfortable. They were renovating the lobby so breakfast was a little difficult, the food was also cold. We had an issue with hot water but the staff were so apologetic it was hard to be upset. The problem was due to the renovations, They are doing nice improvements and that says a lot. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank AMERICANS
Dear AMERICANS,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are currently undergoing some enhancements as you mentioned. I am glad that you enjoyed your two-room suite. I am sorry to hear that your breakfast was cold. I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again soon; you will love our new Perfect Mix Lobby!

South Royalton, Vermont
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I almost always stay at Hampton Inns when we travel.
The Hampton Inn in Oneonta was terrific!
Kerry, who checked us in, was very personable and made sure we felt right at home.
Our room was great. Very comfortable bed, jacuzzi tub, and as always, good coffee in the morning and breakfast included! Plus delicious Chinese takeout delivered to the room.
We'd stay there again!!

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Honors member...you might be lucky to get an upgrade. We did!