Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is standard Hampton Inn. It's 20 miles from Cooperstown is you want to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame and the indoor pool is convenient year round. There are many families. The only comment I have is it seemed that noise from halls came into rooms louder than any other hotel of that same category. May be the doors or something. However, overall good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear jrankw,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, our indoor heated pool and hot tub is great for year round use. I am sorry that the halls were noisy during your stay. We hope you will stay with us again if you travel to the area.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

After driving 3.5 hr, we checked into the Hampton inn. The woman we met at reception could n't have been nicer. She made up very welcome. The room was a suite that was very nice. We had a room with two queen beds and another room with a king bed. The room was clean, beds comfortable. They were renovating the lobby so breakfast was a little difficult, the food was also cold. We had an issue with hot water but the staff were so apologetic it was hard to be upset. The problem was due to the renovations, They are doing nice improvements and that says a lot. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AMERICANS

Dear AMERICANS,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are currently undergoing some enhancements as you mentioned. I am glad that you enjoyed your two-room suite. I am sorry to hear that your breakfast was cold. I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again soon; you will love our new Perfect Mix Lobby!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I almost always stay at Hampton Inns when we travel.
The Hampton Inn in Oneonta was terrific!
Kerry, who checked us in, was very personable and made sure we felt right at home.
Our room was great. Very comfortable bed, jacuzzi tub, and as always, good coffee in the morning and breakfast included! Plus delicious Chinese takeout delivered to the room.
We'd stay there again!!

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Honors member...you might be lucky to get an upgrade. We did!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear ruthpmorgan,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am happy to hear that Kerry was so assertive in making you feel right at home! We are glad you enjoyed your room and all of the additional amenities like the Jacuzzi and On-The-House Breakfast. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The size of the room was generous (desk, table, couch, king bed, 32" HDTV) and the breakfast had a variety greater than most continental breakfasts that I have had. I did not have an opportunity to use the pool or the exercise center, but they looked nice. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I always advise staying on the top floor so that you don't hear people walking above you. Howeve...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear BrentonE_13,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the size and amenities of your room. Our On-The-House Breakfast is great when traveling; offering many options. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place to stay for Cooperstown baseball. Very close to all star village. 20 minutes from dreams park. Oneonta is a plus. Nice shops and restaurants. There is a golf course nearby. Right off the highway. Laid back and accomodating staff.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear pgm888,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our close location to the Cooperstown All Star Village. We take pride in having a helpful and accommodating staff. We hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great staff and the rooms were nice. If you don't mind a 25 minute drive to the baseball hall of fame, it is the place to stay for convenience of shopping and restaurants. Don't get me wrong, Cooperstown restaurants are great but when you travel with a family and need a few things from wal mart and a happy hour at Applebee's this is a good place. The only downside is the walls a little thin. Could hear another family conversations in next room.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Rick E,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. As you stated our location in Oneonta is conveniently right off I-88 and minutes away from Downtown Oneonta or Southside Oneonta- with shopping and dining at each. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed over the Easter weekend with the wife and two kids. The hotel's lobby and breakfast area are being renovated, but it did not interfere with our use and enjoyment of the facility. We always like the indoor pool, but this time it was a few degrees too cool as was the air temperature. So, it just gave you a minor chill. The complimentary breakfast can't be beat and being able to go down and get a yogurt and a bagel and cereal for the kids as they watch cartoons is much better than getting everyone dressed and out the door to Denny's or whatever.

Oh and the beds are really comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear socoman74,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are currently undergoing some enhancements as you mentioned. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our On-The-House Breakfast. I do apologize that the pool was colder than normal and will have our maintenance staff look into this. We hope you will stay with us again soon to experience our new Perfect Mix Lobby!

Ashley Camarata

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
#6 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Milford/Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!