“Large rooms, comfy beds, good hot breakfast.”

Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in a 1 King/2 Queen 2 room suite, 2 adults and 3 teen girls, taking our 2 daughters and their friend on a college tour. The main room was huge, 2nd (King) bedroom adequately accommodated the bed, 2 nightstands, TV and a wardbrobe. Beds were very comfortable. The TV in the main room was on a levered arm on the wall, and when you pulled it out (it was pretty far from the beds for watching) it went crooked:( Bathroom was large and nice- both tub and smallish shower stall. Took awhile to figure out the internet connectivity, but eventually got it working. Breakfast was good- make your own waffles, pastries, breads, cereals, no meat though. Overall, the stay was well worth the price (Priceline?/Hotwire?)

Room Tip: For family of 5, 1 King/2 Queen gives everyone their own space!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hello familyvacationer555,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our property. I am glad you enjoyed the two-room suite. It is the perfect room for traveling in a large party! Our complimentary on-the-house breakfast does offer a large variety of food. I am sorry to hear that there was not a meat selection during your time of travel. We hope you will stay with us again when in the area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Oneonta

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is in upper remote NY, and the staff make it seems so down-right easy to conduct business with them. I'm sure that it may not be that way all the time, but thanks to everyone who played a part. The Pantry attendant, Lori played her part by making sure that all guest's are feed in a timely manner during the breakfast rush, and she sure made my morning pleasant when I asked her to warm-up an item for me. She went out of her way to make a difference in someone's morning.

Thanks again.

Room Tip: If you need something within reason, just ask. They'll help you out the best they can.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Mark F,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our helpful staff, especially Laurie in the Breakfast Bar. I am glad that she was able to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel was quite nice but the in-room whirlpool didnt work properly -- only 3 of the 6 jets were operational. I didnt care a lot since I got a special promo rate, but if I had paid extra for the whirlpool tub I would not have been happy. The room was large and clean with fridge and microwave -- very comfortable bed/mattress. The pool was a good size tho the floors seemed extra-puddly. The hot tub was nice and hot! Fitness Center was really small just one treadmill & one elliptical. Breakfast was plentiful and varied and not a crazed crowed scene like many free hotel breakfasts -- but they were perhaps overly organized since when I went to get another cup of coffee they cleaned up my table even tho I hadnt finished eating.

Room Tip: Rooms werent very well-insulated from noise in the hall so as far from the elevator as possible woul...
1  Thank nycjem

Dear nycjem,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words and constructive feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize you found an issue with your Whirlpool. We are glad you were enjoyed the indoor heated pool and breakfast. We hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Oneonta was acceptable. The clerk at check-in was very inviting, the lobby, hallways, and room were very clean, the television had all HD channels (although lacked pay per view, and was smaller than I expected for a King Suite), and overall was very comfortable. Unfortunately our room was on the drab western side of the hotel overlooking hills, the highway, and Oneonta's industrial sector. While we didn't have any particular problems with our stay, nothing about it was exceptional. The price was agreeable, the service was efficient, and everything was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the East-facing side. You may be able to spy the beautiful lights of Oneont...
1  Thank Brian H
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hello Brian H,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel! I am glad to hear that our lobby, hallways and rooms were exceptionally clean. I do apologize that you did not find your room to have the particular view you were hoping for. Next time, please let us know if there is a certain room that you are requesting and we can try to accommodate your request.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Easy to access from the highway, yet quiet in the room. Breakfast was plentiful and lots of good choices. We were there for a college visit and the front desk was helpful in providing us with a map of the area and written directions to the college. We also felt safe in the community.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite was perfect for a family of 3 traveling together.

Hello Hunter356,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel! I am glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. Our hotel is located with convenient access right off of I-88. Our On-The-House Breakfast does offer a large array of breakfast options. I am happy that the two room suite was the perfect choice to accommodate your family. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

In this neck of the woods it's sometimes hard to find a hotel that has just what you need or expect. Sometimes you get more than you bargained for. That was the case here. Staff was responsive,courteous and overall professional in every way. Kind of hard to find something wrong or out of place. You cannot go wrong!! I"d stay there in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Look at the reviews and see the specifics and descriptions given by the reviewer. Chances are if the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hello Transit27,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed all of our traditional Hampton amenities. We take pride in having a staff that is not only professional, but responsive and courteous to guest needs! We hope you choose to stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

After being moved out of our room twice due to overbooking they put us up in a suite for the night at no extra charge, they have a very clean pool and hot tub as well as a workout room. In the morning we enjoyed a very delicious and nutricious breakfast wich served more than your regular continental breakfast. I had an omelet and hot oatmeal made to my specifications by myself. The room it self was very clean and very roomy. I would suggest this hotel over any and all hotels in Oneonta area. The staff were very friendly and inviting, exspecialy the kitchen staff during breakfast. oh and the beds were soooooooo comfy I slept like a baby.

Jinx6982,

I’m Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel. I am glad the front desk was able to accommodate you with a complimentary room upgrade. Our On-The-House Breakfast offers much more than any typical continental breakfast- from waffles, an oatmeal bar and fresh fruit to our daily changing hot selections; we are glad it exceeded your expectations. We are glad that we are your first choice for a hotel in the area! We hope you choose to stay with us again when visiting the area.

Ashley Camarata

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!