“Thrilled to have found this place!”

Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Thrilled to have found this place!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay. We have family in a nearby town and are thrilled to find such a clean, FRIENDLY, comfortable, and very accomadating hotel. We are a family of 4, with 2 kids who love, love to swim- and we looked forward to spending the weekend and allowing the kids the chance to swim. We discovered on our 3 hour drive to Oneonta that the pool would be closed starting the morning after our arrival. We were disapointed but decided not to change hotels because of other reviews on Tripadvisor for nearby hotels.
Upon arriving the front desk clerk was super friendly, she gave our kids snacks and welcome packets with stickers and toys, and helped us order in food to enjoy, while the kids could take advantage of the pool while it was still open. Our room was clean and spacious.
The next morning before heading out to family we ate breakfast, and the attendant-Laurie, was so so busy- but was kind and helpful the entire time she had to get food out to us and 2 college basketball teams staying at the hotel. After breakfast was cleaned up she even checked to make sure we had enough to eat. It's very difficult for me to get a GOOD cup of tea out anywhere- but i even had 2 cups for breakfast here!
The hotel left out coloring books and papers for kids to use -which were great for our 20 min drive to family.
Even with all the college kids in the hotel we never heard anything- never woke up to doors slamming or people in the halls.
We enjoyed breakfast again the next morning before leaving- and again it was perfect- more than enough to eat- waffles, eggs, bagels, cereal and muffins.
Every single member of the staff, from housekeeping, to front desk, to maintenance was smiling and so very pleasant.
We left so happy knowing we had place to stay the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear AMC98,

I'm Ashley Camarata the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback reguarding our hotel- I will share it with my staff. I am glad you found our hotel staff to be friendly and over accommodating. I am glad that Laurie was able to assist you even with the two college teams at our hotel! Unfortunately this weekend we had closed our pool due to it being resurfaced; this was to help enhance the overall guest experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hotel offerings in this area are sparse, generally I try to pass through the area and head to Albany for the night. I was tired and gave this property a shot, and have no regrets. For a Hampton Inn, this property was pretty decent. My room was nice and clean, relatively modern, and had a mini fridge. Business center was lacking, the computers were very, very slow. There isn't really anything within walking distance, so I had to drive to find dinner. There is an Applebees a couple miles away open until 12pm, and a Dennys across from that, open 24/7.

All-in-all, it's a Hampton Inn, but a decent one. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Andrew C,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are glad to hear that we had exceeded your expectations. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn many times and it never disappoints. It is always clean, comfortable, and quiet. We've stayed at almost all of the local hotels and this Hampton Inn tops them all as the best choice in the area. If you are going in the summer, book far in advance because it always sells out!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear LauraNYC,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are glad to hear that we are your number one choice when staying in the area. Our hotel takes pride in guest satisfaction and guest loyalty. We hope to see you again soon!

Boston
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel's in a good location--right off the interstate but convenient to town. The room was fresh and clean. The hotel staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The exercise room was small but had an elliptical machine so I was happy. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear JPMWROX,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. Our location right off of 1-88 and close proximity to downtown makes our hotel convenient when traveling. I am glad to hear that the front desk was helpful and friendly. We hope you stay with us again when traveling in the area!

Merrick, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2012

the hamton inn in oneonta New York was one of the cleanest hotel i have stayed in .The staff was very nice, the rooms and the sheets and quilts were very clean. The breakfast nook was clean and had plenty of seating even when lots of people were there.They had enough to choose from durning breakfast I will definitely stay there again with family Thanks MM

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear MM2188,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. We are happy to hear that we could exceed your expectations in being the cleanest hotel you have ever stayed in! We are glad to hear that you will be staying again and look forward to your visit!

Belmont, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nice and clean, with comfortable beds. Swimming pool small, but satisfactory. Excellent complimentary breakfast with a wide variety of choices: fruit, waffles, omelets, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, cold cereal. Friendly reception staffer pointed out an available discount I hadn't realized I was eligible for, which I appreciated. Slept well. Fitness center consists of two treadmills. Appreciated the quiet. Positive experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear MuddyShoesMedford,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. Our hotel prides itself on being clean, nice and friendly. I am glad you were able to enjoy the complimentary amenities such as breakfast and the swimming pool. We hope to see you again!

New York
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had no power after hurricane Sandy. We stuck it out for several days but needed a shower, lights, and comfort. We chose Oneonta so we could also take our daughter to SUNY for a tour. The people at the Hampton Inn were amazing. When the front desk person (I think it was Kate?) found out we were escaping the storm, she offered a large discount on our room - so helpful. Then, she upgraded our room to a suite, free of charge.

Of course you can't expect this under normal circumstances, but the fact that she offered us a great room at maybe half-price was really appreciated and I would like to thank her and the hotel again for their kind help.

Breakfast was pretty good, standard buffet fare, but a lot better than cereal in the dark at home!
The heaters were a little noisy and weak, but acceptable.

We will definitely stay there again if our daughter decides to enroll at SUNY!

Room Tip: The king suite on the 4th floor is perfect!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear MitchellNY,

I'm Ashley Camarata the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your feedback- I will share it with my staff! I am glad you found our front desk agent Kerry, to be extremely helpful and assertive at check in! I am happy to hear that she offered you a complimentary upgrade. We look forward to seeing you in the future if your daughter enrolls at SUNY!

Ashley Camarata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!