“Clean hotel but...”

Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Second visit at Hampton Inn to visit our daughter at school. Very clean and neat hotel. Comfy bed but horrible pillows!!! Mushy, mushy, mushy! It is also extremely loud. You can hear everything from the privacy of your bedroom.

Room Tip: Just be prepared for noise and maybe asked for other pillows.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Steph444,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and use your feedback to improve our guest experience. I understand that noise was an issue during your time with us and I apologize for this inconvenience. We know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and will look into solutions to better soundproof our rooms. I do hope the next time you return to area to visit your daughter you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here when I went back to visit my former college, SUNY Delhi. The Hampton Inn was adequate. Room was clean, with an up to date, clean bathroom (most important in my book.) When we first got into the room the heat was not working properly (blowing cold air, or no air at all.) Called the front desk and they came up to the room in a timely manner to check it out (although the problem resolved itself by the time they arrived.)

The walls were very thin, especially in the bathroom, where we could clearly hear our neighbors and their children talking.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

All in all, a good place to lay your head if visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JDV1927
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear JDV1927,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad the HVAC unit issue was able to be resolved. I do apologize that you felt the walls were thin. However, we are glad you were happy with the clean rooms. If you have any other concerns or comments, please feel free to contact me directly at 607-433-9000 ext 542 or by emailing me at ashley.camarata@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel is awful!! Motel conditions. Creepy rooms. Weird smell. Very Unpleasant staff. Spent one night here and was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. The dark decor of the room made it very uninviting and the hotel itself has bad energy. The Breakfast was gross. I would never go back to this hotel. I'll be more comfortable sleeping in a car.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ACTravels7
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello ACTravels7,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your stay with us. We are so sorry to hear you were disappointed in your experience and we want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your suggestions will be shared with our housekeeping and front desk teams in order to help us improve the experience for our current and future guests. If you have any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share, please feel free to contact me directly at 607-433-9000 ext 542 or by emailing me at ashley.camarata@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel was in Oneonta NY which is about 20 miles West of Cooperstown. The staff was friendly and helpful in recommending us to a great local restaurant for dinner. The town is a college town but peaceful and very scenic. We loved the area and am glad to have the opportunity to stay there. The hotel was clean and the linens very nice.

Room Tip: We selected this hotel as we know they have a great reputation. However after visiting Cooperstown...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Hello Leona R,

I'm Ashley Camarata the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your feedback- I will share it with my staff! I am glad you found our hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. At the Hampton Inn Oneonta, guest satisfaction is our number one goal! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We like the Hampton Inn chain because they are typically well managed, have nice rooms and offer a great breakfast with fruit and real cooked oatmeal (not individual packets). We had another great stay with a nice room. What made this Hampton Inn stand out to me was the breakfast staff. They are normally efficient and friendly, but the two women working the morning we were there were exceptional. They not only kept the area well stocked, but as soon as I stood met me to take my trash. They took the extra step to make your day a little better. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Hello Vince B,

I'm Ashley Camarata the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and friendly breakfast bar service. We are glad you were 100% satisfied; as our goal is always guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to Cooperstown and its Hilton affiliation. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean and comfortable. It looked pretty new. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and tasty. Quite a few choices. I would not hesitate to stay there again. It is located near a dead end street so the local traffic is minimal. It was a short one mile walk to a very nice restaurant. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear MePepere,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our close proximity to Cooperstown and our Hilton affiliation. Our complimentary amenities such as the indoor heated pool and On-The-House Breakfast make a stay that much more enjoyable. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I chose the Hampton Inn because of its Hilton affiliation. We were not disappointed. The Cloud 9 bedding and clean accommodations were exceptionally nice. The complimentary breakfast was tasty. We visited this area because of its proximity to Cooperstown so we could visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. It was about a half hour trip from the hotel. We past many farms. It was a very nice drive.

Dear dmcartier,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. Thanks for your feedback. I am glad you were satisfied with the Cloud 9 bedding and complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

Ashley Camarata

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
#6 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Milford/Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!