“Great food for a good price ”

Sloan's New York Grill
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Oneonta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: A brand new Steakhouse in Oneonta NY opening in late June 2013. Sloan's New York Grill will feature local farm fresh foods in a full service restaurant setting and a retail counter featuring local beef and pork products with a large selection of prepared foods available for retail purchase.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food for a good price ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided the day after valentines day to go out to dinner. We didn't have a reservation, so we sat up at the bar. We both got one of the ny beers on tap, littleneck clams for an app, and then the ny strip and ny sirloin for dinner. Everything was very good, and the steaks were cooked to temp. Also the bartender Kati was very pleasant. We will definitely be coming back.

1 Thank Cassie H

Otego, New York
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I don't write many reviews, but lately have been spending more time in oneonta...I've been eating at places that come highly recommended, and this one unfortunately did not live up to the hype.
First off the atmosphere was uncomfortable to say the least...very noisy, slow service, crowded bar. But the reason I chose to write a review was the food was just average at best. I've heard some fabulous things lately but my steak was overdone, the potatoes had no flavor, I was thoroughly disappointed. I'd like to say it was potentially a fluke, but it was not extremely busy, in fact I saw employees standing around....so I felt the need to say that this place is just "eh" and don't see myself going back.

Visited January 2014
“I like it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Since my last visit, they have done something about "noise control" and it worked. I overheard a young server (Arrielle) telling someone on the phone about the panels they put in and something else. So, its a much nicer (quieter) atmosphere and I appreciate that. I ordered the beef on weck, mostly to see if it would live up to the ORIGINAL beef on wecks that you get in western New York. It didn't actually meet WNY standards (wrong kind of roll) but it was good. The highlight of the meal was, however, the "chips" that came with my friends sandwich. The server (Arrielle) described them as thick, homemade chips, but we didn't expect what we got...............they are more like fried potato slices and hey are VERY good! The seafood chowder I had was delicious!

I love the rustic atmosphere, lots of wood and a great fireplace. I also like the "open" feel and look. I really LOVE that they use local produce and make everything from scratch (at least thats what they say and I believe them),

Its a great place for a relaxing lunch!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JuneNY
East Meredith, NY
“Good steak w/ nice atmosphere and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our waitress was friendly and very helpful. The see-through stone fireplace was great. The rustic furniture was nice. I love a good steak and the T-bone was just like the waitress described it. My wife got a drink and we enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere even though the restuarant was filled with people. It was a little pricey, but for what you get, it's worth it.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Andrew G
Hartwick
“Just plain GOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have a lovely meal at a fair price. The food was as my daughter said "to-die-for". Our waitress was wonderful and most cheerful. Make reservations for sure as this great place is busy. All desserts are home made on site as it the apple butter. Put this place on your "try-it" list.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Hartwickvisitor

Been to Sloan's New York Grill? Share your experiences!