“trip with special needs clients”
Review of Neptune Diner Restaurant - CLOSED

Neptune Diner Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“trip with special needs clients”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

traveled with special needs clients food was fair , ordered the fried seafood, wasn't bad tasting but it certainly was not fresh fish, all frozen and the wait staff did acknowledge this. waitstaff was friendly and accomadating.

Visited September 2013

Copley, Ohio
“Not a diner”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Neptune is not diner food, but higher priced dinner fare. We spent $35.00 for two dinners ( no drinks ) that were average at best. Turkey dinner was sliced turkey lunch meat over a square of thin dressing with canned gravy. Roast chicken dinner was Ok. Good items were on the salad bar which came with the dinners: pumpkin bread, potato salad, and lettuce that didn't come out of a bag.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice diner experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Breakfast was outstanding, this could be seen as redundant for a diner, but it was a great choice away from the Courtyard as we wanted to mix it up. Omelet, pancakes, hash browns, excellent

Visited August 2013
Harriburg, PA
“Hearty portions, reasonably priced”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a delightful find!! We chose to pass on breakfast offerings at our hotel, and set out for search or a restaurant. Neptune was a random choice, but once inside found it was the right one. Hubby enjoyed short stack and Canadian bacon, I chose corned beef hash and English muffin. Portions were hearty, good, and the coffee was excellent. Our server was friendly and efficient. We were so impressed, we stopped for dinner before returning to our hotel. A different server did not mean sacrificed service. Matter of fact our morning server stopped by the table to greet us. Great meatloaf with mushroom gravy, and mashed potatoes for me, porkchop and potatoes w/applesauce for hubby. Thumbs up for both!! When we asked for more water, our waitress returned with extra large glasses, and kept refills coming. Our enjoyment continued as we indulged in chocolate layer cake and eclairs later in our room. Would go back again without hesitation.

• Visited September 2013
Watertown, Connecticut
“Save room for dessert!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A retro diner, with personal juke boxes at each booth. I ordered a vodka & tonic to keep me busy while I perused the vast menu, it turned out to be a hint of things to come (they don't do things on a small scale here). For dinner my wife had the Meatloaf, (she said was very good) it comes with potato, vegetable and unlimited salad bar (the salad bar could be a meal in itself). I had the Porter House, (big steak) which came with the same choice of sides and salad bar. The steak lacked some seasoning, but was properly cooked (I ordered it medium rare). I really wanted to try one of their desserts and opted for a piece of Bavarian Cheesecake (it was amazing).

All and all, my wife and I had a good meal for a decent price, the service was excellent, and we got to enjoy some classic rock on the juke box. If we return to the area, we will certainly eat here again.

• Visited August 2013