“Great dining experience!”

Ranked #7 of 122 Restaurants in Oneonta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Accept all major credit cards. Wi-Fi Open Lunch Mon-Fri. 11:30a.m.-2:30p.m. Open Dinner Mon-Sat. 5p.m. on>>>> Closed Sundays except Special Holidays or Events Easter, Mother's Day, etc.
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Every time I come home, I visit Stella Luna for a nice evening. The atmosphere is lovely. It is an old train station turned into a cozy, yet spacious restaurant. The menu has many great selections that are all delicious. My personal favorite is the chicken saltimboca! Mmm! They also have the biggest wine selection in the area. Service is always good. The servers are knowledgable about their product.
I highly recommend that anyone visiting Oneonta for the first time go to Stella Luna, and locals too :)

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Some people may have had a bad traveling trip or visit to oneonta ...but that`s no reason to put every one down ...I have nothing but great experience at stella luna ...From Two Weddings ,Graduation , one engagement party, And just a night out ...i have never had a bad meal or
service ...Being from N.Y.C. i have been to many restaurants ....I find this one up to par with thise elsewhere ...If you had a bad day or bad visit you should not be eating in a fine restaurant ...

Anthony Ferrarese

1  Thank Anthony F
HarmonyCane, Manager at Stella Luna Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Sir, my brother and I appreciate your kind and truthful words you expressed about our restaurant. My brother and I have been in the restaurant business since we were teenagers and forty years later, It's people like you that give us the want to wake up in the morning , go to work and do the best we can so we can please. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Based on the reviews I had read I expected so much more. It was a busy night with college graduation and high school prom, but that was no excuse. I ordered Tilapia, one piece was raw and the other was still frozen. Of the 6 people in our party, only 2 received food that was eatable. We also waited over an hour for this horrible serving of food. They did reduce the check for the Tilapia and some of the drinks, but I would never go to this restaurant again.

3  Thank Peter B
HarmonyCane, Owner at Stella Luna Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

SUNY graduation IS our busiest day of the year, we pride ourselves at making 500 to 600 meals that day in a 6 hour period. Even though that day our menu is condensed, (see "Graduation menu" on our website stellalunas.com), it still has a large variety of items to choose from. Every year my brother and I and staff, are proud to ONLY have 1 or 2 complaints on the ratio of meals served. This year your table was one and believe me we pay attention to even the ONE. As I remember, you ate three Quarters (3/4) of your Tilapia, before complaining that it was cold. The starch and vegees that came with your meal, the Sicilian potato salad and the Ratotouille were served cold/room temp., that's how we do it for ease of time. So maybe that's what you were referring to. BUT You say Tilapia still frozen, NEVER, (final). We also took the whole price of the Tilapia and drinks off your bill. Congratulations for being the one we will remember this year.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

When we called to make a reservation they said they would have no problem getting us in, but when we arrived on time we waited 30 minutes to be seated and then another 45 minutes to be served, so we then had to eat very fast to make our next engagement.

1  Thank Janice A

Madame, I apologize for the bad experiences you had at our restaurant and your hotel.
it sounds like you had a terrible time in Oneonta. But let's state the facts, as I remember your party well. May is one of the busiest months for us. When you called (5:40pm) , yes the hostess did say we could accommodate you. Within that 20 minutes, the place filled up unexpectedly without warning. Since Oneonta is a (2) college town, it could have been anything from sport events or family/student orientations. We were even wondering where everyone was coming from. When you walked in, (6pm), I said it would be a few minutes and you snapped back saying, " We just called and the hostess said you can fit us in because my son has to play in ...(something) and has to be out by 7pm."
I immediately responded, " That's not going to happen, we won't be able to get you out by 7, the place just filled up." At that point I gave you the option of going somewhere else or you can sit at the bar and we would get your table ASAP. At the time of your call, we didn't know of your itinerary of eating and running. At 6:10pm, we sat you down, It takes time to take a drink order, a meal order, etc. This is NOT a fast food joint, we pride ourselves at making "home-cooked" meals and prepare each one fresh to order. In the future , please don't go to our type of restaurant and expect to be out in less than 1 hour, (especially on a busy night) Your review should be based on Quality of Food, Service, Value and Atmosphere. Again I apologize for the inconvenience, but my staff and I try our hardest to conquer whatever comes our way, we typically do not have a crystal ball as to who is going to walk through those doors, when or how many. So my suggestion would be that next time you are crunched for time, there are plenty of fast food restaurants that would get you in and out in 15 minutes.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I ordered a pretty basic Italian meal but the delivery was effortless by the chef and staff! The food was excellent : from the crusty warm bread with oil and herbs, to the fresh salad with crumbly blue, then the ample and tasty chicken parm with nicely al dente spaghetti with wonderful sauce - all reasonably priced! Very satisfying - my compliments. Stellar Stella!