“My favorite place for Garlic Knots” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sal's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 117 Restaurants in Oneonta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Otego, New York
“My favorite place for Garlic Knots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

... Unfortunately, they only make them on certain days of the week! Everything I've ever tried from Sal's is good and it's consistant. I love that they always seem to have some odd flavor of pizza by the slice. (Once it was Rueben style!) Needs some updating to the decor and could use some more comfortable seating. It's a classic to downtown Oneonta though.

Visited August 2012

Shirley, New York
“new york city pizza in the burbs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Sal,... an old time nyc pizza maker from a long line of pizza makers from nyc italians moves to the woods to retire and finds himself swamped by pizza lovers. GOD LOVE HIM HE"S GREAT !!!!

Visited July 2012
Stamford, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sals pizza is a little slice of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I grew up near oneona so sals has always been a staple in my life. Whether it was after a heavy night of drinking or for Sunday football, the pizza is fantastic. I travel frequently and sals is one of the few things that I actively crave and miss when I'm away. Ive only ever gotten flat pizza there so I can't speak for anything else, but the secret is in the sauce...it's the perfect balance between sweet and salty. My personal favorite is the honey BBQ chicken pizza...it'll make you believe in god. Don't let the looks of the place scare you away..it's a plain Jane style pizzeria but I'd eat pizza this good out of a dumpster.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Theaxelady
Oneonta, New York
“horrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Ordered a Dozen wings with blue cheese and of course i didn't get the blue cheese. Wings weren't bad but delivery was horrible. Waiting an hour for a dozen wings is pathetic in my opinion. Last time I order out from this place!

Visited January 2012
“Great roni roll!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Their pizza and salad is good, too, but not long ago, I tried their pepperoni roll and was very surprised at the price, size and great taste! Now, I am in the mood to go to town today for lunch there!

Visited April 2011