“Nicest Hotel in the Area”

Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, New York
“Nicest Hotel in the Area”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Oneonta is a beautiful small city in this part of New York, and this is the nicest hotel within 20 miles. Very clean and modern, friendly staff, and convenient. Not far from the restaurants and shopping on Main Street, but far enough away from the interstate so it's quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andy V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very very clean and quiet. The room was large with all the amenities that one needs A big flat screen TV, wifi and beautiful granite counter tops in the bathroom. Very pleased with our short stay.
The Bistro was nice with Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean732
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were in the area for a wedding and very happy to see the familiar face of a Courtyard. The hotel appeared to be relatively new, or just exceedingly well maintained. The entire staff (both day and night) was very friendly and accommodating for the duration of our stay. One stand-out in particular that I believe deserves an honorable mention was Judy at the front desk. Her warm personality and her extensive knowledge of the area were instrumental in helping us pinpoint a great Italian place for a late dinner. Strongly recommend Stella Luna!

If I had to pick one negative, I would say that it was the ease at which we could hear the people in the next room. Either the walls are not as thick as one would hope, or the door that leads to the adjoining room is not adequate enough to block the noise - but this is not a deal-breaker.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Seth A
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel to Oneonta frequently for work and always stay here. The main reasons are the rooms and bed are comfortable, they serve Starbucks coffee (only place in town!), the food is decent for a hotel with healthy choices, and the gym equipment is new and good. On several occasions the cleanliness has not been up to par- on one occasion hairs on the bathroom floor, and on two other occasions fingerprints visible all over the bureau. Kind of gross. Also the trash cans have no liners, which seems unsanitary to me. With some more attention to housekeeping I would give this hotel a 5 and not a 4.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AprilinVT
Todd H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Oneonta for your rooming needs when you are in the area. Your observations are spot on with regard to our amenities. With regard to the cleanliness of our rooms we are always working with our staff to make sure that even the finest of details are adhered to with each and every room. Each time we receive a complaint or suggestion from a guest, we work with our staff to see what we can do to make sure the situation does not happen in the future. The guest room standard for Marriott is to not have a liner in the trash can. This insures that the cans are cleaned by our staff each and every day. By using a liner, the cans could go much longer between cleanings and lead to a less sanitary situation. We hope that you will have a better experience when you return to us in the future.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I spend a lot of time at Courtyards. I like the free wifi, the free parking and the usually modern facilities.

Courtyards do certainly look alike but I hadn't been on the road for a while so I was surprised to see the new layout where they've taken away the breakfast buffet style approach and put in the this all day bistro set-up.

Basically, you can get things all day and night, including a fairly small bar service. I thought it was OK, but I think I'll miss the breakfast buffet in the morning. I ended up having yogurt and coffee here.

The room was fine. I thought the cable TV service was excellent. They're finally giving you true HDTV instead of standard-def stretched out.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Nearby are a few chain restaurants, a strip mall and a diner. The quaint and cute downtown is about a mile and a half away with many restaurants and bars. It is a place to check out...stay away from the damn chain restaurants people!

I ended going to the Neptune Diner and it was great! They were pleasant and made great onion rings and chicken caesar salad. The menu was pages and pages long--anything you could possibly want. I had a martini for 6 bucks!

Beautifiul area to stop in as I made my way to western New York.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 3Dtravelpro
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed using free nights to attend baseball tournament at Cooperstown Dreams Park. Even though its 20 min ride to the park it was still convenient, easy ride.

Everything is new, nice firepit in back of the hotel, nice workout room.

Restaurants- plenty of options right next to the hotel, Italian place right next to hotel on main drag is excellent. Other options for breakfast next door as well as the in hotel service

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The "Courtyard drive' address was too new for my old GPS and I couldn't find it from the road. I suggested that they get one of those roadside blue directional signs and apparently it's in the works. I visited the bistro and found as did arjaco4 that the staff was busier talking to each other than being interested in service. I did not eat there. The lobby and style seems to be funky, modern, and spacious. Five people were in line to check in and a second staff member showed up to help. She did a good job with the info at checkin and mentioning the amenities. The room was a little different-very modern looking. I'm not used to this chain so I don't know what's standard in it. My three dings are that : 1) there was a big stain on the rug, which seems odd because the hotel has only been open since spring 2) there was no alarm clock or any clock in the room (aside from the microwave) I don't know if this is the 'style' so it looks 'hip' but it was kind of annoying. The bed faces the window so the TV stand extends and turns a little but you can't see the whole thing. The couch was nice but had a nested table rather than a footrest. 3) The bathtub plug didn't work. IT looked like a cool bathtub but was unable to use it.

The view from the room was of the hill behind. I will stay here again but will hope to get a room with a clean rug in a new hotel. The sleep was very restful and I liked the layout.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Todd H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Oneonta for your recent stay. It really is worth the small hassle to find us. We have been working with Google, MapQuest, Garmin and TomTom to update their mapping software to actually show us in their systems. We have just come out of our peak season and unfortunately some of our rooms look like it. We are now in the process of doing a deep cleaning in each and every room to make sure that all of our amenities in every room are up to yours and Marriott's standards. I trust that when you return, you will notice a huge difference from what you experienced your first trip.

Todd M. Heyn,
Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area? Share your experiences!