“Nice Courtyard in an Area Without A Lot of Options”

Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice Courtyard in an Area Without A Lot of Options”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I spend a lot of time at Courtyards. I like the free wifi, the free parking and the usually modern facilities.

Courtyards do certainly look alike but I hadn't been on the road for a while so I was surprised to see the new layout where they've taken away the breakfast buffet style approach and put in the this all day bistro set-up.

Basically, you can get things all day and night, including a fairly small bar service. I thought it was OK, but I think I'll miss the breakfast buffet in the morning. I ended up having yogurt and coffee here.

The room was fine. I thought the cable TV service was excellent. They're finally giving you true HDTV instead of standard-def stretched out.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Nearby are a few chain restaurants, a strip mall and a diner. The quaint and cute downtown is about a mile and a half away with many restaurants and bars. It is a place to check out...stay away from the damn chain restaurants people!

I ended going to the Neptune Diner and it was great! They were pleasant and made great onion rings and chicken caesar salad. The menu was pages and pages long--anything you could possibly want. I had a martini for 6 bucks!

Beautifiul area to stop in as I made my way to western New York.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 3Dtravelpro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed using free nights to attend baseball tournament at Cooperstown Dreams Park. Even though its 20 min ride to the park it was still convenient, easy ride.

Everything is new, nice firepit in back of the hotel, nice workout room.

Restaurants- plenty of options right next to the hotel, Italian place right next to hotel on main drag is excellent. Other options for breakfast next door as well as the in hotel service

Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The "Courtyard drive' address was too new for my old GPS and I couldn't find it from the road. I suggested that they get one of those roadside blue directional signs and apparently it's in the works. I visited the bistro and found as did arjaco4 that the staff was busier talking to each other than being interested in service. I did not eat there. The lobby and style seems to be funky, modern, and spacious. Five people were in line to check in and a second staff member showed up to help. She did a good job with the info at checkin and mentioning the amenities. The room was a little different-very modern looking. I'm not used to this chain so I don't know what's standard in it. My three dings are that : 1) there was a big stain on the rug, which seems odd because the hotel has only been open since spring 2) there was no alarm clock or any clock in the room (aside from the microwave) I don't know if this is the 'style' so it looks 'hip' but it was kind of annoying. The bed faces the window so the TV stand extends and turns a little but you can't see the whole thing. The couch was nice but had a nested table rather than a footrest. 3) The bathtub plug didn't work. IT looked like a cool bathtub but was unable to use it.

The view from the room was of the hill behind. I will stay here again but will hope to get a room with a clean rug in a new hotel. The sleep was very restful and I liked the layout.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Todd H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Oneonta for your recent stay. It really is worth the small hassle to find us. We have been working with Google, MapQuest, Garmin and TomTom to update their mapping software to actually show us in their systems. We have just come out of our peak season and unfortunately some of our rooms look like it. We are now in the process of doing a deep cleaning in each and every room to make sure that all of our amenities in every room are up to yours and Marriott's standards. I trust that when you return, you will notice a huge difference from what you experienced your first trip.

Todd M. Heyn,
Director of Sales
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Gym was adequate. Eve staff at bistro had lackluster staff. After traveling all day you don't want to see staff who look like you're bothering them when you're trying to order a meal..really thought about not leaving a tip at all

• Stayed August 2013
Todd H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
As with any hotel or business we are constantly looking at our staff and areas where we can improve. We do apologize for the less than enthusiastic reception and service you received at The Bistro. Please know that we are in the process of taking steps to correct this so that you and other guests do not have to experience it in the future.

Todd Heyn, Director of Sales
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel and highly recommend. Right from when you walk in you can tell. The lobby is big and bright, with a cafe and sitting area. Love the touch screen that tells you news, sports , weather and local places to eat. The Gym is outstandng, and so is the hot tub. The pool is small , but nice. The room was first class and the best sleep I had on a long almost 2 week road trip. Love the chairs and fire pit it the back. GPS is tricky getting here, but once you made it, relax!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am so glad I chose to stay here after I got frustrated with Cooperstown properties insistence on a two-night minimum in the summer. This property just opened in April, 2013 and everything is brand spanking new and clean. It's located close to shopping and restaurants and only a 20-minute scenic drive to Cooperstown. My only complaint would be that the advertised free wifi rarely worked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear about your poor service with our WiFi. With any new building, there are always areas that do not operate as they are supposed to. Please know that we are taking steps to work with our internet vendor to insure that the WiFi throughout the building is more than adequate to allow all of our guests to access the internet whenever they wish to conduct whatever their needs may entail. It is our goal to have this particular issue resolved so that you do not have to experience anything other than a first class connection during your next visit.

Todd Heyn, Director of Sales
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we visited Cooperstown. It is just a short drive to the HOF. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Area surrounding hotel is growing with lots of new development. Hotel was top notch. We would definitely stay again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area? Share your experiences!