“Not bad - not great - fairly pricey”

The Red Caboose Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Farm to table, fresh, locally sourced food cooked from scratch. Full dining restaurant with high quality food and service. Patio, indoor and bar seating available. Full bar, 20 different beers available. Reservations accepted. Cozy, comfortable & casual, a fitting dining venue for any demographic.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ate here solo while my daughter was doing an overnight college visit. I had the duck which was tasty, but somewhat under cooked and chewy. The sides we quite good, mashed sweet potato and shredded brussel sprouts.

I had the apple pie for dessert and although the accompanying maple gelato was good, the pie was not as good as the one I threw together last week with a Pillsbury crust. It just lacked flavor.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ate at the Red Caboose in October, 2012. It has nice decor, friendly staff, good food, quick service.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had dinner on the outside patio. There were 3 of us and we each ordered a different burger. My husband had the 50/50 burger, son had the beef burger and I had the salmon burger. They were all delicious as were the fries. I had butternut squash soup which was decent but not hot enough. My only complaint was they allowed a guest to smoke on the patio.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

stopped in right before they opened and they nicely let me in early. a nice bar/restaurant atmosphere. salad with local cheese was good. 50/50 burger with bbq slaw on brioche was excellent. huge, perfectly cooked with excellent french fries too. great service.

1  Thank melissa1954
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at The Red Caboose a couple of days ago. It was around 9 pm and we didn't want to have a big meal so we decided to split one appetizer and one entree. We had the Summer Tomato Salad with goat cheese, it was fresh, very flavorful and delicious. For an entree we had the Filet Mignon on a bed of spinach with muchrooms and truffled sauce. Our filet mignon was cooked to perfection, this dish was so delicious and well balanced. I had a mojito, which I trully enjoyed.
We like good food and really appreciate to have something that is so fresh and tasty. We left very satisfied. I wish we would've stayed in Oneonta for a longer time and be able to try some of the other items on the menu.

1  Thank Gladys S