“Really, Really Nice Hotel”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is a hidden jem, set beautifully in the mountains with all the charm of main street America, rooms were great, jacuzzi and a fireplace ...how do you go wrong.

The staff was attentive and professional, Mike, the general manager greeted us personally and was always around with a smile.

food was wonderful and the restaurant charming.

If your going to Oneonta, go there.

Room Tip: Ask for a whirlpool tub and fireplace, its worth the little extra cost
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank corp_traveler_10
Michael M, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank You for the kind words and we look forward to having you stay with us again down the road.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

While vacationing in the northeast part of the country, my husband and I stayed two nights at the Clarion Hotel in Oneonta, NY. The hotel decor, lobby and rooms were extremely clean. The Hotel's front desk staff was pleasant, professional and helpful. We enjoyed our stay. However, after checking out and less than hour an on the road, I discovered that I left my denuim vest on a chair in the hotel room we stayed in. I immediately called the hotel to report it. I spoke to one of the clerks, she informed me that she will contact housekeeping and pass on the information. I was also informed that I will be contacted as soon as that was done. I did not get a call back.So I called back the same day and was informed that housekeeping was gone for the day. "From this morning, did you even check? I got the run around for two days after that and later was told after calling back again, that housekeeping did not find or report finding the vest. To my dismay, I reminded the hotel's front desk clerk that I observed the hotel having cameras in their corridors, and the housekeepers has a process that tracks who cleans the rooms. I also telephoned the hotel before the housekeepers began cleaning.
I will recommend this hotel for others to stay, but keep in mind that there are dishonest people working there.

Room Tip: Keep up with your valuable! Don't trust the staff.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anna c
Michael M, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Hello and thank you for the positive comments within your review, we are happy that we were able to return your item. We apologize for the delay, management had to correct this situation due to the fact the item was misplaced in a laundering area. We have reviewed lost and found policies and procedures with our team and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future - Sincerely, Michael M.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Staff was friendly, room was clean and I didn't see any signs of bed bugs:) The restaurant was ok, we only had salads. They didn't have a bar and I was craving a beer. very easy access to main street if you want to go for a walk and shop.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Scott6809
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stopped over for overnight stay on way to Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame,arriving late on Tuesday June 5th with our two grandsons,we were warmly greeted. Our room was very accommodating and exceptionally clean,it was a great stop that enabled us to enjoy a full day at the B.H.F. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Wife comments it "cleanest place I ever stayed".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert C
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I were driving from Maine and arriving in Oneonta and wanted to stop. I used our garmin gps to locate a hotel and arrived at Clarion Hotel. The parking lot seemed to indicate that there would be rooms available. We entered the hotel, which has a nice foyer and reception area. I asked the front desk person about a room and he was not sure one was available. He checked inventory and said one room was available and gave us a senior rate, which was quite reasonable. I asked why only one room was available. He said that the region, had many soccer and little league tournaments, and there was often a large demand during these seasons. He said a reservation should be made during these two seasons.
I asked about breakfast and he said we could eat at the hotel restaurant but suggested that we take the elevator to the second floor and use the exit at that level to go to main street. We then were to go left and the first coffee/latte place we came to would have good coffee, rolls, and bagels with eggs, etc. We followed his advice and it had all he mentioned and the food was good and reasonable in prices. He said he preferred to eat at this coffee/latte shop.
I then asked about dinner and he suggested the Italian restaurant across the street from the parking lot. We tried it and it was a nice place with average Italian food.
The room was nice and of reasonable size. No free wifi. AC worked but it was a little noisy but we were tired and it did not bother us. Bathroom was of reasonable size and towels were good in quality.
The area around the hotel is old and in slight decay as many older downtowns experience. However, I would consider staying again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelnice
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The rooms are very well appointed and the breakfast is good as are the snacks and sandwiches.

The hotel is at 55 Market Street which is just behind the downtown portion of Main St. You can walk to a number of bars and restauarants from the Claion.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Russell B
Reviewed May 21, 2012

There were alumni gatherings that weekend. Our room was on a floor with all night partiers in the hallway. We tried to call security around 2am but discovered that none of the room phones (3) were operational. We called the front desk with our cell phone. The noise did not subside until around 4am. We were exhausted the next day.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!