Clarion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Budget Inn(Oneonta)
Motel 88(Oneonta)
View Hotel
August Lodge Cooperstown(Hartwick Seminary)
View Hotel
All reviewsdowntown oneontafront desk staffbusiness travelerthe room was nicebeds were comfortablehousekeepingclerkny
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I would give 3.5 stars if I could. I had a work function in Walton the day after my stay and was coming from Rome, so this seemed like a good place to stop. The check in process was relatively painless, and I was happy that I got a room with a jacuzzi tub after a lot of driving! The room itself was fine. It was up-to-date with a nice bathroom and bedroom. The TV was a little old, but everything else was of good quality and pretty new. I didn't use the restaurant in the hotel, which is open for breakfast and dinner, mostly due to a lack of options on the menu that appealed to me. The reason I am not giving this hotel more stars is: it's near train tracks which are pretty loud (not the fault of the hotel, but still an issue); they throw on a $2 "service fee" which is completely annoying and uncalled for; the fitness room air conditioner wasn't working, and it was 80º outside, which made it very hot in that room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ctpayc
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The hotel is impressive. Nice lobby, nice rooms, nice looking. The service? Not so nice. Both of the front desk people were either disinterested or downright rude. Example, my kids and I were in the pool and there were no towels in the pool area. Dripping wet, I went to the front desk to request towels. Deskguy said he'd get right on it. 20 minutes later we just walked up to our rooms dripping wet as no towels had yet appeared.

There was no continental breakfast, but if you wanted to eat at the overpriced hotel restaurant they would give you a discount at one meal. No wi-fi. Even Motel 6 gives away free wi-fi now a days.

The rooms were nice though. Spacious, clean, and comfortable. During the vast majority of our trip, we had great luck at Choice Hotels and we booked this one, even though it was more expensive than most, to stay in a choice hotel. We should have saved our money.

Background: My family (two adults, three kids 12, 7 & 7) drove cross country for 45 days. We stayed in over 30 motels and had dozens of meals at local restaurants. These reviews were written a month after we returned because I wanted to be able to think about them before writing. I hope you find this review helpful. I have to tell you that we relied heavily on them when making our choices and we were not disappointed

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank brentsmiley
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The room was nice and clean and the hotel staff was friendly. However, that area of downtown Oneonta is pretty depressing making the price out of this world.

Although I love baseball, we were not there for one of the many summer tournaments run nearby. They are clearly taking advantage of the fact that there are very few places to stay with the room rates. The hotel probably has a package deal with the tournament directors to keep prices lower for families who go there.

Be advised that the restaurant has not alcohol for some reason. Not a deal breaker for me and he family but we saw a couple groups come the restaurant and leave because of it. Food was good - menu choices just average.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Captainq33
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Reserved a 2 double/no smoking/larger room. The room was sure enough really big with plenty of space. Rooms had microwave/fridge and a nice desk area to hook up a lap-top. TV was kind of old but had a good picture and plenty of channels. Very clean. Close to downtown Oneonta - just a short walk away from many of the town's shops and restaurants. Beds were extremely comfortable. No free breakfast is a con - but there's a Dunkin right down the street just outside of town. Overall, we enjoyed our two night stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This hotel refused to substitute a one bedroom room for a two bedroom room, even though they had one vacant. They wanted a $50.00 surcharge. The staff is very inflexible and unaccomodating. Manager Chris Shields refused to help even though this is the fourth summer we have stayed there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple