“This place is definitely worth stopping at, good wine choices at a great price.”
Review of Bear Pond WInery

Bear Pond WInery
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Oneonta
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We didn't expect to find so many good wine choices in Central New York. The staff is friendly and can really give you some insights while you are tasting. The value of 6 tastings for $3.00 is exceptional .

Mark L, Owner at Bear Pond WInery, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hello Pat551,

I wanted to personally thank for your review of the winery and your kind words. My tasting servers do try really hard and I think it shows. I will definitely pass on your complements to them and I am sure it will make there day.

Thank you again and I hope you will visit again soon!

Mark Lebo

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Two choices for the wine tastings. One for $3 in which you sample 6 wines and an extended one with twice the wine for each sample plus cheese and chocolate paired with the wines. Sit down affair with service. Wine offerings remarkably good for such a young winery.

Mark L, Owner at Bear Pond WInery, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello Roadrun50,
Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you stopped in. The flights and holders are a new concept for us this year and seem to be well received. I am glad you enjoyed yours! We have new wines coming out every year and I hope you can make it out our way again.

Mark

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stopped in after driving around. The wine flights are absolutely amazing!! They had chickens out back to feed too! Such a cute and peaceful place. Came out with 4 new bottles of locally produced wine. Great service too!

1  Thank Christy B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Cozy and easily accessible. A great lace to pick up brewing and wind making supplies. Oh! And the wines are great too. I recommend the Ellie Coo

1  Thank MattTheHandler
Mark L, Owner at Bear Pond WInery, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you MattTheHandler!!! Your kind words are greatly appreciated! Our brew and wine area grows every month because of folks like you! Thank you again!

Mark

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Bring your open mind and leave your expectations and assumptions behind. This isn't the place for a sense of entitlement, pretentiousness, or snobbery. Remember where you are. A short drive outside Cooperstown, NY - Not the Napa Valley and not the Finger Lakes, although many of the wines tasted and sold here are from the Finger Lakes Region. (By paying attention to the kind and knowledgeable staff, I learned this information and much more.) Other local products are sold here - cheese, honey, delicious maple syrup (I'm a sucker for the sweet stuff), and if you are so inclined to make your own home brew, this is the place for supplies.

This is a quaint, locally owned and operated small business staffed by sincere, helpful and outgoing people. I chatted a bit with one of the owners (Michael), and she made me feel like I belonged there - like I was from the area and had came back living away for years - The sweetheart who did our tasting was extremely knowledgeable about the wines she poured and about the local area as well.

The winery is exceptionally clean (check out the finely decorated bathroom if the need arises!), well stocked and fairly priced. We ended up buying a bottle of Silver Tip Merlot (my fiances fav!), a bottle of Bruiser (Blackberries and blueberries - sweet) and one for the spring time, their newest - Eva Coo - great story behind this one.

I look forward to visiting again when in the area.

1  Thank Rae J