“Skip the chain hotels & try this one.”
Review of Rainbow Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oneonta
Rainbow Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Oneonta B&B and Inns
Auburn, Michigan
“Skip the chain hotels & try this one.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We tried to get a room at all the chain hotels, but everyone was full. On the last try, one of the clerks (I won't name in case it was a no-no) told us to try the Rainbow Inn up the road a couple miles. She did us a great favor. The room was clean, comfortable and the price was less than all the other hotels we had tried. There is a restaurant connected to the lobby, that sounded busy and fun, but being vegans we wandered into town to a nice little vegetarian/vegan place (the Autumn Cafe on Main St.) which also has meat, but a couple nice vegan meals as well. We had room 123 (king bed). I think there was a pool, but it was dark when we got there & November, so......
Their card says "The last best place" and I can only say we'd go there 1st not last next time we go that way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadforMaui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Small, well run facility with a responsive, responsible owner. Right off Rt 88 and convenient to
Cooperstown. First hotel we've stay at which had Greek yogurt on its continental breakfast.
Located across the road from Farm House restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chuck G
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you want to stay at a place and relax, maybe have a drink by the pool... dont come here. there are so many rules in this hotel its like fort knox. during our stay, a lady opened our door while people were getting dressed. she didnt knock, and didnt call. we complained, and the front desk lady didnt do anything about it. the staff is very unfriendly and unpleasent. our hot water in our room didnt work very well and took a long time to warm up.
the good: the room was beautiful and clean. the grounds are beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness and cleanliness of my room. The restaurant and lounge are very inviting, the staff is friendly and courteous! I was very fortunate to find this Inn and actually was looking to stay in the City of Oneonta but my good fortune found all the rooms taken for college graduation. I would highly recommend the Rainbow Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
vestal, ny
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife Gloria and I stayed at the Rainbow Inn in the Fall of 2012 after going to a roller derby bout with the Derailing Darlings. (I might add that the owners support the local roller derby.)

The motel is convenient to the Oneonta area. Its quietand has a wonderful restaurant...not a whole lot else to say except that we like it and are going back again in January 2013 after another roller derby bout. If you go on a Friday night, be prepared for a lot of people at the bar! Its a popular spot.

Recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Westwood, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I were just looking for a place close to visit family for a few days. I was surprised with The Rainbow Inn. Very clean....friendly hotel staff...and close to shops and restaurants. We didn't get a chance to check out the restaurant attached to the hotel (they are closed Sunday and Monday) but it looks nice and we will visit again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was very lucky to find the Rainbow Inn for our trip to Cooperstown. In Oneonta, it was about 20-25 min away from Dreams Field and an easy drive. Compared to what else I saw, I think the hotel and service provided my family the most bang for our buck close to Cooperstown where no lodging is inexpensive. Big pluses at the Rainbow Inn were a refrigerator and microwave in our room, a remodeled bathroom that even made my teenager say WOW, and the room and grounds were spotlessly clean. The front desk owner was very friendly and helpful and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. I especially enjoyed having breakfast on the patio each morning. Parking was very close to the front door and it was very convenient. Less than 5 minutes down the road was a fantastic grocery store.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank 34678Love2travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Clarion Hotel
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Rainbow Inn? Share your experiences!