“It's worth the trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Undercover Eggplant Company
Ranked #4 of 117 Restaurants in Oneonta
Cuisines: Pizza, American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“It's worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I swear I'd drive all night, (ok, three hours), for a Mrs. Eggplant sandwich. The flavors blend perfectly and are like magic to your tastebuds. Undercover Eggplant Co is not your average local hero place; it is a gourmet sandwich shop with a unique menu. The "City of Hills" is one lucky town to have this gem of a restaurant. Wish we had one here in Jersey!

1 Thank jerseygirl63

Oneonta, New York
“Still the best food around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've been back many times since my first review, and Undercover Eggplant has only gotten better. After having to shut down for a time because of a fire, everything has been remodeled and updated. My 3 year old daughter always wants to eat here too, and knows exactly what she likes. Creamy garlic eggplant pizza and potato salad. She's gonna sample anything else we get too.

I can honestly say every single sandwich I've ever eaten here has been more than great. They are more of a culinary experience than a meal. Unique flavors, smells, and textures just come together perfectly. Don't worry about trying what you'll like best, you'll love whatever you get, and just wish you weren't too full to try something else.

There's no substitute for passion when it comes to great food, whether it's a four star feast, or a humble sandwich. Fred has that passion in spades. I've recommended Undercover Eggplant to many people, most of whom make it a point to let me know how much they loved their meals. I've also been blamed for creating addicts. If you haven't tried it, you really are missing out on something special.

Newark, New Jersey
“Wow Super Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place is superb, what a great selection of sandwiches, they are all made fresh and in no time at all! The Elmur Fudd was what i had.. Excellent. Would come back here in a heartbeat. Good job guys, heard you were out of business for a while. What a comeback then. Prices are not cheap but you definitely get your monies worth.

1 Thank Jerry L
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place was heaven sent after having limited options for healther food selection in this town. We saw the reviews and thought we would try it. The sandwiches were great and the salads were superb (I had the steak and blue cheese, my 7 year old daughter tried it and I had to give her half because she loved it!) Wish we had decided to go earlier in the visit, but what we had we loved. Will recommend to all our baseball families visiting Oneonta!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Good, but kind of underwhelming...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went out on a limb and tried the eggplant sandwich. It was good, but the pesto was pretty bland and the eggplant was goopy. Unique eat, but wouldn't get it again...
On the other hand, one of the coolest places to eat in this small town.