“Delicious”

Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and some friends go here every once in a while and love it! The tapas are delish and I crave the Pork shoulder (pernil) all the time.... It's to die for! We are definitely going again!

zabroso, Owner at Zabroso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for the review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great cuisine from Argentina, Spain,the Caribbean, and some fusion dishes. The tapas are wonderful, and the wine list is great. Tostones, asparagus wrapped in Serrano ham and baked in a philo type dough (yummy - and with a spicy mustard), MOFONGO! The national dish of Puerto Rico, and done really well! Chorizo stuffed mushrooms with spinach and goat cheese - and the list goes on. For those who think anything "latin" means tacos and hot peppers, change your mind!
This place is GREAT!

We appreciate your enthusiastic review! Thank you.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Heading to Vermont, we found ourselves staying overnite on a Tuesday in Verona-Oneida. Trip Advisor told us to eat at Zabroso, but the parking lot was just about empty, which usually sends us elsewhere. We almost drove away, but it was late, so we took a chance. Good fortune for us! Great rating from the Trip Advisor community.

This place gave us great drinks, an adventurous menu, and excellent Latin food. Top-notch service. Not sure what the casino offers, but no way it could be better than Zabroso.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Business brings me to the area and i try to visit Zabroso when here. Did so again tonight and not disappointed. They handle large groups well and the food is fabulous each time i visit. A true gem for this area dominated by italian cuisine. A nice and reasonable alternative. Paella is great and the broad selection of tapas satisfies all.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stumbled across a Latin / Puerto Rican restaurant in the most interesting of places in the outskirts of Syracuse by Turning Stone Casino. I have often lamented the fact that no one has ever been able to cobble together an upscale Puerto Rican dining experience here in Rochester and quite frankly any other city I have been to in the US (other than PR itself).

But chef and owner Ruben Lopez has nailed it. It is fine dining at its best!

"Born in Valencia, Spain and raised in Puerto Rico, Ruben offers his interpretation of traditional Spanish tapas with an American twist."

This place is unbelievable and I am willing to take the 1.5 hour long drive monthly to experience it. We had the warm goat cheese dip, the mofongo, the pernil, beef with chimmichurri sauce, the flan and the tres leches cake. It was ALL very very good. I want to go back SOON to try the rest of the menu.

The bottle of wine (Termpranillo) was a mere $21 as an added bonus.

The location is perfect for those staying at the Casino for those that are tired of the terrible food and high prices you get there.

CONS: I really wish this place was closer to Rochester. I have told Ruben that on both occasions I got to meet him. Other than that, I can think of anything wrong with this place.

1  Thank ny2texas
zabroso, Owner at Zabroso Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you making the trip and look forward to seeing you again soon.