“bad organization, untrained and rude personel”

Sherwood Dreams Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bogazkent
Reviewed January 1, 2014

uneducated, rude and incompetent staff
poor organization, problem solving and communication skills
Take fee and denied
They think that open buffet is a gala
İndoor pool dirty
Misinformation
expensive for the poor service

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank murat y
There are newer reviews for Sherwood Dreams Resort

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I couldn't fault Sherwood dreams. In short terms staff were great, food was great, entertainment was good. All in all there was something for everyone. We had a ball and in my opinion your holiday is what you make it. It is a little out of the way but this is stated in the brochure. I'm struggling with other peoples comments on the fact the water was cold in October, OK but why then go in October???? The weather does start to cool then and they never said there were outdoor heated pools. Some people are never happy. If you love an immaculate hotel, sun, swimming and eating till the cows come home this is the place for you. Lovely people to x

Room Tip: To have a good sea view you need to pay for a larger room as the smaller ones face inwards
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank wongo164
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Visited during October Half Term - Family of four with two young boys.

The hotel is listed as 5* but it’s closer to 4* in our opinion. This was our first time in Turkey so we we were not sure what to expect.

We arrived early hours of the morning and were greeted by someone on reception although it become clear to us he did not speak English very well but luckily the manager quickly came out of office and sorted everything out. We found the rooms to be clean and the hotel modern, clean and well looked after.

Location - As many other people have pointed out this is not in Belek and is in an area still under development. If you approach the hotel the area does look a little dirty and run down. There are alot of empty, half built buildings and there is empty area next to hotel which looks like waste dumping ground at the moment.

Beach - Our kids loved the beach although there were alot of pebbles but all in all it was fine and kept clean. To get any loungers you have to be get there early though.

Pool/Water slides - This was one of the reasons I booked this place as I wanted our kids to enjoy the water slides. The problem was the water was freezing. This was massive let down as our kids refused to go into the water after dipping their feet into the water.

Staff - We have mixed feeling about this as we did come across some really nice staff but we found on a number of occasions where the staff did not speak English very well. They spoke really good German but English was hit and miss.

But our biggest letdown was the rudeness of staff which is why we would never go back to this hotel again.

On arrival where we were not told there was separate charge if we wanted to use the safe in
the room, when we rang the reception to find out next the day the gentleman slammed the
phone down after telling us there is charge to use the safe.

There is short blonde hair girl working on the main reception. We found her to be extremely aggressive and rude. My wife tried to book a la carte restaurant but was told in a very direct in your face way it’s fully booked and to come back tomorrow. To which I told my wife don’t worry about it. We had booked a number of excursions so were out of the hotel early and came back late. On Thursday morning we were due to leave early for another excursion and I approached the gentleman on main reception to see if we can book the a la carte hotel for Friday evening as it is closed on Saturday and we leave on Sunday. At first he told me I can only book it between 9-12 but having explained our problem he then spoke to hotel manager who told him to sort it out and he kindly took our details. Having sat near reception waiting for our pick up we witnessed the blonde girl marching out of office arguing with other manager who had taken our details and was sorting out the booking. We don’t speak turkish but it was so obvious to us she was swearing and even pointed towards us. While sat there we were approached by another couple who said to us they experienced the same behaviour and attitude from her the day before.

After an evening meal we sat in the main lobby as the wi-fi signal was really good. Having sat there for around 45 minutes we were never approached once by the girl who was serving drinks. So I went up to the bar to order some drinks and was told by a very cocky barman to go sit down and someone will come to take my order despite the fact I sat there for 45 minutes and no one bothered.

All in all it’s nice hotel with a lot of potential but I would never go back and would not be recommending it to friends and family. Mainly due to some of the staff having a really bad attitude and you will get different treatment if you have blonde hair and speak German. I spoke to three other families while we were leaving and they all felt the same.

3  Thank Wass55
Reviewed November 17, 2013

just returned from a week Scherwood draems en sensi mar two excellent hotels and resort very nice and clean hotel the food was excellent.en I had never experienced before had a general maneger Mr. ersin linen tables neatly afruimde.voor pretty good example and motivation to staff and customers. handsome this
We'll be back this is a must
franky greetings from belgium

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank d
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We booked a last minute week away at this hotel via teletext holidays for the first week of November -£720 for 2 adults including the flights. Seemed like a good deal despite the reviews being mixed. I do think you have to take the reviews with a pinch of salt to some extent as everyone has different opinions and expectations. However, I wish we had paid more attention to the negative reviews.

On the surface this is a lovely hotel - large, clean, modern. We checked in and went to our room which again stemmed very nice initially. However, we soon realised that the balcony had slats from top to bottom which meant the view was impaired and like from a prison cell. The bed was extremely uncomfortable - like sleeping on a block of wood. There was also no proper bathroom - a glass door for the toilet and a glass door for the shower - both part of the main bedroom meaning minimal privacy.

We went to one of the bars and my husband was asked for his band (we weren't given these at check in) so we went back to reception to ask for them. The person didn't speak English and told us they weren't there. He clearly thought we had lost bands and was trying to send us away and try later. I realised his misunderstanding so waited to speak to someone else that did speak English who allocated the All Inclusive bands to us. We have now seen a few comments on here re this so if you have booked then ensure you get the bands on arrival.

The pool areas are large and very nice. However they are not heated therefore the water is FREEZING. Maybe if you travel in August it wouldn't be so bad but we went in once and were the only people in there!!

The food seemed fine to us- the Luke warm comments from others are due to the lids being left off things I think. It was hit and miss in terms of food temperature. I thought the choices on offer we're pretty good for all inclusive. However, my husband got food poisoning on the first night and ended up being hospitalised so again shows on the surface fine but when you look further not so!

After a few days of him being ill I contacted the hotel doctor as he was deteriorating. The doctor didn't speak a word of English (a common occurrence) so I contacted our travel insurance who arranged for a car to take us to hospital where he was kept in for 3 days for intravenous antibiotics.

We would never go back to Turkey now - lots of other Brits ill in the hospital with similar illness. I honestly don't think this coastline of Turkey or this hotel cater for the British particularly well and English is barely spoken.

Shame because this hotel has potential but falls far short of 5 star

Room Tip: Ask for a proper balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jam220912
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I think you always have to be careful looking at sites like this as we all view places differently and everyone wants different types of holidays.

Me and my partner had 2 weeks at Sherwood Dreams, one on our own and one with family October 2013. Both very different weeks one for the obvious and one for different reasons.

The hotel was lovely and spacious, always clean, food ok, drink not too good, but you expect that all inclusive but you couldn't even buy a decent one as not available.

We experienced staff that were excellent and went beyond, I think because we spent the first week on our own, had a few drinks and tipped well, set us up for the 2nd week. We never went without drinks in the bar and there was never a shortage of nuts.

However in the mornings we experienced staff that got frustrated with us and us them that they couldn't understand what we were saying and that was a glass of water.

The pool was freezing I never had one swim in it all the 2 weeks I was there, not being a sun longer this ruined it for me.

The slides for kids were great but only on for a few hours.

The hotel shops don't appear to like their own money and the British pond so you need Euro's.

Heard about families who had items stolen out of the luggage and spa lockers on leaving. Very little sign of any reps and at the airport heard about one family who were not collected and needed to get a taxi even though they were there. You'd like to think they made a mistake, but our coach driver on the way to the airport, drove on the wrong side of the road, we saw people in a hotel waiting and he needed a call to turn back for them and pick up so I think the family who were not collected were right.

We had a good holiday and enjoyed the break but I would not return to Turkey or Sherwood Dreams.

2  Thank louisescholes
guestmngdreams, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Sherwood Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, we thank you very much for your holiday at our hotel.
Your criticism and suggestions will be taken into consideration by the hotel management.

We would like to welcome you back to our hotel.
Best regards

Dinçer ORAKLI
guestmng.dreams@sherwoodhotels.com.tr

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visited between 29th October and 5th November 2013 with wife and 2 kids (6 and 4).

For us this hotel has definite 5* potential but there are a few major and minor niggles:

Firstly the pools are far too cold. My kids love the water but the water slides (which have so much to offer) were mostly useless. 5 minutes in the water left my little girl shivering and my boy would only go near the pool on an inflatable. I'm no expert but you'd think with so much sun (the average was 28C when we were there) there must be a way of heating the water cheaply. We won't go back because of the pool temperature. It's just so disappointing. I read other reviews saying the same thing. I know October's not the height of summer so maybe it's better in the middle of the year. The indoor pool was better so we spent quite a lot of time there.

Secondly the food was a bit repetitive and it was a bit of a lottery as to whether it was hot or just lukewarm. I'm assuming there are no pork products because Turkey is 99% muslim which isn't a problem for me but I did tend to miss bacon at breakfast and proper pork sausages. There was plenty of choice though with the usual range of salads and fruits which for some reason seem so expensive at home. An area is set aside for kids to get their own food which is a nice idea but only opens at dinner - not breakfast or lunch - and the choice is very limited for them. No real complaints here just a few little niggles.

A few more observations:
My little girl has blonde hair and blue eyes which meant she was the centre of attention as far as the waiters were concerned. My poor boy (also blonde hair and blue eyes) didn't get a look-in. Never thought it was anything other than innocent but a bit more balance might not go amiss.
The air conditioning seems to make a fair noise but achieve very little.
It seems like a popular place for Germans which isn't a big deal but most of the entertainment is geared toward them.
The staff all speak English though and probably French, Russian and Italian as well.
Lovely peaceful beach with quite coarse sand but castles can be built just the same.
Pool areas are very clean and well-maintained, as are the public areas of the hotel.
We got a family room with a separate room for the kids - a quite excellent arrangement. Not sure whether this was an upgrade or not.
Cocktails were included in our AI package and they were made very well by the bar staff.
Rooms are cleaned daily and diligently. Nicely appointed. No complaints.
Free wi-fi works sometimes and you can even get it round the pool.
Loungers are good quality and there's a free towel service.
Service is efficient and friendly.
There's an excellent gym and Turkish bath.

All in all if they fix the pool temperature we'd be back like a shot and giving the place 5 stars but otherwise we're looking for somewhere else for our October half term break next year.

3  Thank Beehouses

Dear Guest ,

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor! Every comment has great importance for us and helps us to reach our aims.

It is a great pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday in Sherwood Dreams family.

We would like to welcome you soon in Sherwood Dreams Resort Hotel.

Best Regards

Dinçer ORAKLI
guestmng.dreams@sherwoodhotels.com.tr

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogazkent
Crystal Paraiso Verde Resort & Spa
#40 of 88 in Belek
Belek Beach Resort Hotel
Belek Beach Resort Hotel
#2 of 11 in Bogazkent

Been to Sherwood Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!