“The Full Moon Resort is the place to unwind in the Catskills.”
Review of Full Moon Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oliverea
Full Moon Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oliverea
Reviewed August 24, 2009

The serenity and beauty that surrounds the Full Moon Resort sets the tone for a very relaxing stay among the forests and streams of the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York. The main house, also known as the Valley View Inn, has an old house feel that makes you feel comfortable as soon as you walk in off the porch. There are couches and chairs and plenty of books to read or you can just sit and scan the natural beauty that is every where you look. The employees are friendly and always eager to please. The food is terrific and the variety is wide ranging to suit anybody's choice. There are plenty of activities to do but this is a great place to do nothing as well. A very relaxing and beautiful place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed July 11, 2009

Our family gathered for the first time in many years at Full Moon Resort, and we were all delighted with the place. Resort isn't quite the right word for Full Moon -- it's a bit funkier and quirkier than conventional resorts, which is in large part what made it so delightful. The accommodations range from lodge to old country house. The rooms are not fancy and many share baths. Somehow that's just fine. Maybe it's the magical setting--a beautiful Catskill valley. Or the excellent food--everything we ordered was fresh and delicious. Or some lovely combination of landscape, food, and atmosphere that creates something special. And in the midst of all this, professionals who make everything work right. All went smoothly and graciously. it's really wonderful, unique place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My experience as Mother of the Bride was totally enhanced by the care and attention the staff took towards making sure we had the perfect place for the wedding.
The resort's eclectic design style and dramatic natural landscape allowed the Bride and Groom to have a three exciting days that are truely ones to remember.
The food and special decor for the Ceremony , the Cocktail Hour and the Reception were respectively delicious and spectacular.
A jewel in the Catskill Mountains during late fall!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2009

The Full Moon Resort grounds are picturesque, the included food was appetizing, and the wedding we attended was simply lovely.

The rooms are rustic, which is de rigueur for the Catskills. The shared bathrooms were reminiscent of a college dorm-- approach them with a sense of humor! Or book a private bath for a higher rate.

I initially felt the room was a bit overpriced, but when you account for the two included breakfasts and one included lunch (six meals total, since there were two of us), it seems more fair.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2009

I felt right at home at Full Moon. I spent a wonderful weekend retreat with a large group of friends. Since we spent most of our time exercising outdoors, I appreciated the delicious food and fresh produce, the locally baked bread and the fireplace at our Moonlight cottage. The staff and owners were friendly and always helpful. Everything was just right. It felt like a home away from home (especially after washing my hands with the authentic lavender soap from France, my home country!) Indeed, Full Moon has an authentic and unforgettable flavor to it, much like homecooked food.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 8, 2009

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding at Full Moon this summer. I was so taken with the great karma , earthy comfort, excellent service, and beautiful grounds that I thought it would also be the perfect place for a Martial Arts retreat. Having now had both experiences there, I am pleased to confirm my good feelings about Full Moon. From the perspective of a wedding guest, Full Moon is a down- to- earth and welcoming place to celebrate. It has the feeling of being home, which brings guests together in an intimate way, while providing all of the amenities that one could ask for. If I could have my wedding again, I would have it here. From the perspective of a participant/organizer in a retreat, Full Moon was phenomenal. Henry, the owner, was extremely flexible and accommodating. He made sure that we were welcome and yet provided the privacy that our particular needs warranted. The grounds are well maintained and perfect for outdoor activities. The food was fresh, varied, and high quality; it more than satisfied a very hungry bunch. I hope that our retreat will be an annual event at Full Moon, and I intend to spread the word about this wonderful place as a weekend wedding resort. This is a very special place.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2009

I was part of a Martial Art intense Training weekend at Full Moon.
When we arrived everything from the smallest details on up were already taken care of. We actually felt it was our own house. The training took us all over the resort, the ground's were in perfect shape. Running and working out, that concern was very important. After each two hour class I looked forward to return to the main area for food and relaxing. The food was coming out non stop, heathy meals and always clean Then to go back to my own cottage was heaven. Kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and one with fireplace. My one complaint was no cell phone service. Henry fixed that buy having a computer and free phone to anywhere in the main hall I know next year we will be back to train.
Cliff Nadaner

• Stayed: April 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliverea
Hotel Vienna
Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 3 in Tannersville

Been to Full Moon Resort? Share your experiences!