“Still getting compliments”
Review of Full Moon Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oliverea
Full Moon Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oliverea
Los Angeles, California
“Still getting compliments”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a Sunday evening wedding at Full Moon in July and people are still talking about what a fabulous time they had. At first we thought they were just being polite, but after attending other weddings in the past few months we've realized they are not just being nice!

We live in Los Angeles but decided to get married in New York as that's where I'm from. Even though I grew up in the Woodstock area I was not familiar with Full Moon. I sent my parents there to scope it out a year in advance and Michael and his team gave them the tour and even fed them. We visited a few months later and Melanie was able to arrange a tasting for us which was key since it would be the only time we were back in NY before our actual wedding. Chef Adam and his team really understood what we were going for and we left feeling even more convinced that we made the right choice in Full Moon. Michael and his team exceeded our expectations and were nothing but professional. It's obvious they do this for a living; the place runs like a well-oiled machine. This is a huge reassurance to a couple planning a wedding from 3,000 miles away.

If you want to get away from it all and get married in the 'magical forest' without having to stress about every little detail then Full Moon is for you. Yes, there is no A/C, some shared hallway bathrooms and little to no cell phone service (divas beware). The no cell phone thing was a plus for my husband and I since we really wanted to get away from all the every-day distractions of modern life and make our wedding a day where everyone was focused on what they were there for...having the best time ever!

The only criticism/suggestion I would make would be that they consider investing in some type of online reservation booking system.

Ashley handles the reservations and was always very nice. Because we had to guarantee to book a certain number of rooms, we were on top of our guests to follow-up and book their rooms. We heard back from a number of guests that they were not able to get through to the right person when they called or that they were playing phone tag. Having an online system would have made this process a lot smoother.

All in all it was a wonderful experience that we will remember forever. Our photos tell the story of how beautiful this place is, and how much fun our guests had at the reception. For me, one of the most special moments came right before the ceremony as I was about to walk down the path that led to the ceremony with my dad. We saw a momma deer and her 2 babies right on the edge of the woods. It was a reminder of the true beauty of nature and it will stay with me forever. Thank you Full Moon!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013

It's difficult to put into words what a joyful and beautiful experience we had through all stages of planning and having the wedding.

When we first got a tour of Full Moon, we thought: "We are so thankful this place exists." It's raw natural beauty with high end service, incredible food, and staff that felt like family made us want to share the most intimate moment of our lives with our family and friends at Full Moon.

Even though Full Moon does many weddings each year, we felt very well cared for and had close relationships with our wedding coordinator, LeighAnn, and Michael one of the co-owners. We felt like we were working with friends and family but got the benefit of their extensive experience and deep understanding of wedding planning.

Our guests loved Full Moon! Each of them had a really special experience and they felt like they had a vacation in the woods coupled with a beautiful wedding celebration. There are tons of hikes around Full Moon and it's very accessible to Woodstock and Phoenicia which gave everyone lots to do.

All the vendors that Full Moon recommended were high quality and perfect for what we were looking for. They really know the area and the options around the Catskills and provide good advice at every turn.

We can't recommend Full Moon highly enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Paul first showed us the grounds of Full Moon over a year before our wedding. He was charming and not pushy at all. He gave us realistic expectations of price and worked with us to find an affordable date. We love Paul.

We then spent a year working with Leighann (our very own wedding coordinator) and Ashley (the reservation maven) to make our day perfect. They answered every annoying question, worked with us when we wanted special things, and let us down gently when they couldn't accommodate our desires (no sterno can s'mores, too messy, I totally get it). Leighann was there with us on our day every step along the way. We couldn't have done it without her, she was just like our Stage Manager for the day. We love Leighann! She also said we were a good group, so theres that.

The barn where we had the reception was gorgeous. We did minimal decorations because the space already done so nicely. Paper lanterns, twinkly lights, and ivy plants, it was lovely. Anytime we needed an extra table or whatnot, they were right there with walkie talkies. At the end of the night we didn't have to worry about any cleanup and the next day they had all of our things put together, or brought to the main Inn. Very easy, very stress free.

The food is AMAZING!!! Chef Adam is my hero. Not only did he do our appetizers (for the wonderful cocktail hour) and the salad, and main, but we also had him do our wedding cupcakes... which were TO DIE FOR! We opted to have a family style dinner and it was totally the right choice. Huge platters of mains and sides and no one went hungry. The staff was ready to bring more if we needed it, but we didn't we all got a taste of the steak and the salmon (both SO good) and it saved us from getting everyone's food preference. The veggie option was enjoyed by a handful of happy vegetarians. It was a great success. Full Moon was so accomModating that when my dad jokingly asked if they had chicken fingers THEY ACTUALLY BROUGHT HIM CHICKEN FINGERS AND FRIES! Too sweet.

Every space at Full Moon is just magical. The ceremony site is great for customization (the outdoor space as well as the tent space). Photo ops abound everywhere on the sprawling grounds of Full Moon. It's so beautiful.

Vendors are easy, we didn't use a florist but Karen Neblung came out to do hair, and Diane of Hudson River Photography was lovely and put us at ease and kept us on schedule. Chef Adam kept it all in house for foods.

The rooms are amazing, quaint. We roomed in Morningstar lodge with most of our wedding party.

I can't say enough nice things. It really was the best day of my life. Thank you Full Moon!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you are planning a wedding in the woods with lo-tek features and no cell phone service then this is your place. The food was great and the staff were wonderful. The venue is incredible with the views and grounds are a treat. If you stay on the grounds, do not expect much in the way of amenities, land line phone did not work, shower was a real issue, but overall the place was great. Bring a flashlight and listen for the howling at night.

Room Tip: Try to get a private bathroom, sharing a bathroom among 6 people is a challenge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GilfromPikesville
Big Indian, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Full Moon is like heaven in the Catskills. The entire area is so beautiful. Don't expect 5 star accomodations and yoiu won't be disappointed. People there are friendly and attentive. Food is REALLY good. A definite place to consider for a wedding or group.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had my wedding this past June at the Full Moon Resort and it was the most incredible, unforgettable and magical wedding (according to my 175 guests!). Not just because it was my wedding (I may be a little bias :) but because the Full Moon resort is an incredible venue filled with an amazing staff that caters to your every need. We had a weekend wedding that started on Friday and ended on Sunday where guests were able to stay in cabins and cottages on the resort (the rooms were clean, the locations were perfect for the setting). There were so many elements and moving parts to the wedding (Friday night BBQ, Fire pit/ bonfire, karaoke after parties at the roadhouse barn, lawn games and pool lounging during the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner, ceremony, reception, brunch and more) that I was not sure how I was ever going to have everything organized. The staff at the full moon resort catered to our every need, truly and the entire weekend could not have been more organized. My wedding coordinator Melanie dotted every I and crossed every T. I DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ONE SINGLE THING!! As a bride, this was priceless. She was so attentive and being sure that everything worked out exactly how I wanted. I even remember during the reception when I would take picture or hug someone; she would grab my glass of wine and hold it without me even asking. They really cover every tiny little aspect for you. THE FOOD! OMG! THE FOOD is so so so incredible!!! During our Friday night BBQ we opted for Chicken and Ribs and guests were going up for seconds and thirds! Every meal, literally every meal was delicious. Aside from the compliments on the location, guests could not stop raving about the food, from the BBQ, reception, breakfast and lunch etc. Could not praise the chef and his team enough. The Full Moon is so gorgeous too. From the barn to the reception tent to the lights on the tree in front of the Valley View house, you really don’t need to bring any more outside decoration as it already is so beautiful. Guests had such an amazing and relaxing weekend that they are asking us if we can do it again! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a single thing. Thank you again Full Moon for your incredible staff, the incredible food and for making our wedding the most unforgettable weekend wedding we could have ever dreamed of. Every bride should experience this magical place. Truly. Expect to see me and my husband back for our 10th or 25th anniversary party : )

Room Tip: Any room you choose, is amazing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Slingerlands, New York, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was married at Full Moon this past weekend October 5th, 2013. I cannot say enough about this venue, the staff, the lodging, the food and the service.
I found Full Moon online and was in love at my first visit. My biggest nightmare was to be married in a banquet hall with some lukewarm chicken marsala and a ten o'clock end time. Full Moon is the farthest thing from that type of venue.

I had 187 guests and every single solitary one had an amazing time. We lucked out with peak leaf season and a 70 degre day but I can assure you no matter what mother nature brings Full Moon will be prepared.

I'm not the typical bride I didn't make a thousand checklists I didn't stress and I didn't lose sleep. Leighann was my wedding planner and she didn't miss a beat. She was on point and thought of everything I neglected to. I felt 100% confident in trusting her opinion and am glad I did so each time.

I first spoke with Paul and from the get go he was super helpful in aiding me to convince my father that this was the way to go. My requests were probably a bit much but he never made me feel that I was a burden. The owner Michael was direct and a pleasure to deal with. I wosh I could do it all over again and do it all the same.

If you're thinking of getting married at Full Moon stop thinking and book it already; you'll be so glad you did.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliverea
Cold Spring Lodge
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Starlite Motel
Starlite Motel
#1 of 2 in Big Indian

Been to Full Moon Resort? Share your experiences!