“Phenomenal Wedding at Full Moon Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Full Moon Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oliverea
Full Moon Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oliverea
New York City, New York
“Phenomenal Wedding at Full Moon Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just returned from a fantastic wedding at the Full Moon! Where to begin? The staff was friendly and extremely hard working. The food was phenomenal, in fact the mother of one of grooms commented at Friday night barbecue,"If you can't find something to eat here, I can't help you". After the barbecue in the barn we went down to bonfire and billiards room with all the beer and wine you could. The next morning was full breakfast and was it just what the night owls needed!! Back to bed and then up again for lunch.

While the ceremony was to take place in the lower grove, due to weather the staff hustled and it was held in a tent next to reception tent and it was beautiful. Afterwards back to the barn for the cocktail hour for more delicious hor d'oeuvres. Next the wonderful reception with more food. Delicious!! We ate, danced and drank through the night. My friends an I loved this place and only semi-joked about returning next year for an anniversary of our friends' wedding! Check this place out!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wbfnyc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
washington dc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well I really don't know where to begin...First off the cottages pictured are only the rooms in the best buildings on the property, we stayed at the fireside cottage, a terrible mistake! The bed was like sleeping on a rock, spiders and other insects throughout, the smallest room I have ever seen for a mere $400 dollars a night! A bathroom right next to the cottage accessable 24/7, and finally the very unprofessional staff with completely insensitive racial slurs about our wedding which could easily be heard through the paper thin walls! Like I said, mistakes are made from time to time, just don't make this one......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank mike c
full_moon_resort1, Owner at Full Moon Resort, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I’d like to thank Trip Advisor for the opportunity to openly discuss customer concerns and feedback. We always take criticism in the most positive light and consider it an opportunity to fine tune and improve our operation.

My response to this specific review is as follows:

1. Full Moon Resort hosts an incredibly diverse range of events. We welcome all people, all religions and faiths and we hold a deep commitment to human rights and a fundamental respect for individuality. We do not tolerate insensitivity on any level. In response to this post, a thorough review will be conducted.

2. Rooms in the Fireside Lodge are $115/night, not $400. Total charges (including tax) for an entire weekend for a couple, with two nights of accommodations, breakfast and lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday would come to approximately $365.

3. We recently replaced the beds in Fireside Lodge. Generally we install firm mattresses because they tend to meet with widest approval. That said, if the reviewer had notified our front desk of his discomfort, we would have immediately made arrangements for installation of a mattress pad or some alternate solution.

4. Full Moon Resort takes great pride in providing simple, well-kept accommodations. We take the comments in this review seriously and will re-double our efforts to insure nothing but the most positive guest experiences.

Henry Stout
Owner, Full Moon Resort
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We got married at Full Moon Resort in August of 2012. We worked with Melanie to coordinate our wedding and she was always attentive, making sure that no detail was left undiscussed and no stone unturned. We really appreciated how much communication went into the planning, and we found the process to be relatively stress-free. The day-of was perfect. Everything was set up exactly the way we wanted and if there were any small changes that needed to be made, the resort staff was very accommodating. The best example was when one of our guests brought an unexpected +1 and Melanie made the guest feel welcome and helped rearrange the seating chart to accommodate him. The food was exceptional! We only heard good things from all of our guests. People raved about the breakfast the following morning and have continued to compliment us on our wedding venue choice. The wait staff and the bartenders were attentive and well-trained and provided excellent service. The rooms were very comfortable. The only caveat is that this is a rustic resort, not a Hampton Inn. The rooms are eclectic and do not have every single amenity that you would expect at a chain hotel. But if you are able to communicate that to your guests, they won't be disappointed. We would highly, highly recommend this resort as a wedding venue and can't thank the staff of Full Moon Resort enough, especially Melanie and Michael Densmore!

A few quotes from our guests:

"I love this place. Every time we move from one part of the resort to another, it feels like its a whole new place. It keeps the wedding exciting!"

"I wish we could have stayed the whole weekend!"

"It was the best wedding I've ever been to!" (this was repeated to us many times)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark F
Clifton Park, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

The people at this resort are ABSOLUTELY amazing!! They are so accommodating, considerate, professional and sincere!!! We had our wedding event there and it was a fairy tale day...we couldn't have dreamed of something more spectacular!!! These guys are part of our family now and we plan on returning often and would recommend this resort to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina M
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had our wedding at Full Moon two weeks ago and I can't say enough nice things about the place. For starters, the pricing is very competitive and you get a lot of bang for your buck--great food, gorgeous locale. We looked at everything in the area before settling on Full Moon and it was the best decision we could make. Our coordinator, Melanie, was a lifesaver--there's no way we could have pulled off the wedding without her. They really went above and beyond. Everyone gave rave reviews and had a wonderful time.

1 Thank Erikka B
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is the best location for a "Rustic Mountain Wedding" Every single one of our guests had the best time ever. What could be more satisfying as a Bride, than everyone including your mother and mother in law sharing that they had the best time on one of the most important days of your life. The service was impecable, the food was delicious. The facilities are beautiful. It even rained on our wedding day, but The Full Moon Resort has beautiful facilities for an indoor wedding, it actually made our wedding more intimate and enjoyable. Our guests were surprisingly very happy and comfortable in their rooms whether they stayed in a private cabin or had a room with a shared bathroom in one of the Inn's. We had some picky family members who I thought would be hard to please but everyone felt the facilities and lodging were great. Besides the beautiful surroundings and facilities, what's best about the Full Moon Resort is the service. All through the planning, the Full Moon's staff was more than helpful, they went above and beyond professionalism, treating us like family. We really felt truly taken care of. From the Chef, to the wedding planner, to the reservation desk, every single staff member was beyond helpful, anticipating our needs before we could even articulate them. Yes, you only do it once, but if I had to get married again, it would be at The Full Moon!!!

1 Thank AnnaZivian
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just came back from a weekend at Full Moon for a family member's wedding and have nothing but GREAT things to say. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical, being a city girl who always has cell phone in hand - at first the thought of no cell phone service had me breaking into cold sweats. I can honestly say I put my cell phone in my room the first moment I arrived and didn't touch it until I left. We stayed in Birdsong cottage and loved how cute and quaint it was. The accommodations, while rustic, perfectly fit the location. As someone who works in the hotel business, I fully appreciated the cleanliness of all rooms and the grounds in general. The service was unbelievable and everyone was friendly and always willing to help with a smile. It was the perfect way for our family to spend the weekend celebrating the marriage of my cousin.

The best part for me by far was the food!! Again, coming from someone who works in the business and sells corporate events, I know how difficult it is to get banquet food out all together, hot, and keep the quality at 100%. Everything we ate was creative, hot (or cold), beautifully presented, and DELICIOUS.

I've already recommended Full Moon to two friends as an amazing wedding location, even though for us, it's a four hour drive. It was the perfect relaxing weekend away I was looking for, and created perfect wedding memories for my family. Major shout out to Henry, and Paul the bartender who was our best friend by the end of the night.

Cheers - keep it up!! :)

2 Thank SuzeGrg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliverea
Cold Spring Lodge
The Alpine Inn
The Alpine Inn
#2 of 2 in Oliverea
Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club

Been to Full Moon Resort? Share your experiences!