“Stay Here if you like OVERPRICED, CRAMPED, MUSTY ACCOMODATIONS”
Review of Full Moon Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oliverea
Full Moon Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oliverea
New York City, New York
“Stay Here if you like OVERPRICED, CRAMPED, MUSTY ACCOMODATIONS”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I recently stayed here and was excited to spend time in the Catskills. I expected an outdoors experience but when I arrived I was suprised with the conditions of the buildings and accomodations. My room was connected to what looked like a garage. The maintenance room was directly next door and the employees walkie talkie was constantly going off. The room itself was musty, dirty and small. The bed sheets were not clean and the bathroom looked like something out of a horror movie. For the price I paid for the room I would have expected much more. Everything about this place including the game rooms and structures need a serious overhaul. Their were some good views but only if the weather cooperates. Otherwise, you're back inside where you don't want to be. Save your money and go somewhere else. You will want to check out as soon as you check in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank outdoors33
FullMoonCentral, Owner at Full Moon Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
First I’d like to thank Trip Advisor for the opportunity to openly discuss concerns and feedback. Second, I’d like to apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort any guest might experience at Full Moon Resort. We do strive for excellence, and we serve over 10,000 satisfied guests per summer. It is true however, that our country style accommodations do not suit all guests. It is also noteworthy that our rates include full meal packages for the entire event. Full Moon was built in the late 1800’s and offers simple accommodations for special events and functions. Accommodations have been updated, but they are not intended to be hotel style accommodations; they are designed to provide comfortable weekend accommodations for guests attending special events. I only wish this guest had thought to bring her complaint to our Front Desk, as I can assure everyone that she would have been received with a smile and a concerted effort to address any and all of her concerns.

Henry Stout
Owner, Full Moon Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rotterdam, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Full Moon Resort is the most wonderful place in the Catskills. Whether you are getting married there, or just spending the weekend there, you will not be disappointed. The staff, service, food, and location are all amazing. I would recommend this place to anyone!! I worked with Mel for 2 years on planning our wedding. And she made the whole experience so easy. She thought of everything and made she made my vision come true. There is not one negative thing I can say about Full Moon Resort. A truly phenomenal place!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Did I have the best summer of my life or what? Ok. I've been going to the Full moon Resort every year now for the past 5 years. But this summer I could not have enough. I went three times in July and August. What a treat! The best food in the surroundings (organic, fresh and delicious... you would lick your fingers if no one's watching)

There's no way not to leave the city behind and submerge yourself in a divine natural spot. The surroundings are to die for: Imagine yourself sleeping close to a creek. An area where deers and ducks stop by to say hello and to drink from the beautiful ponds or rest by the willow trees.

The staff is awesome, always smiling and always willing to help. They'll give you good tips about the area since they are all local.

The owners seem to be patrons of the arts because, at least during the summer, they host the best theatre and music workshops I've taken in the States. And believe me I've taken one or two. I particularly enjoyed the Artistic New Direction one (AND Improv retreat) and the Medeski, Martin and Wood retreat (MMW camp) both life changing experiences

Cell phone service is a challenge in the area but, in case you have to be connected, there's Wi-fi, a computer and land line phone at your service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I recently got married at Full Moon Resort, and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! The grounds, facilities, staff, food, etc., all exceeded our expectations and delivered a wedding we will never forget! My family and friends all said they did not want the weekend to end, and were upset when the wedding came to a close on Sunday. The staff was helpful, courteous, and professional. The grounds are gorgeous with a lot of rustic charm - and supplied tons of beautiful backdrops for our wedding pictures. The billiard room was mentioned by a lot of our guests as being a real highlight for our post-BBQ hangout spot, and the performance space served as a great venue to keep our wedding fun and exciting. Everything went seamlessly and Full Moon was a big help the entire way. Thank you so much to Full Moon Resort for an unforgettable wedding experience!

• Stayed August 2010
Jersey City, NJ
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Full Moon help plan and catered my daughters wedding in our vactation home in the Central Catskills, along with three tents, full bar, china, silverware and stemware. The needs of the wedding were well thoughout and executed. The food was outstanding, the presentation was thoughful and the helping hands were friendly and helpful. The wedding night was cleared and cleaned up in no time. Full Moon left our home in very good condition. Have a wedding at our home with Full Moon at our side certainly make the experience that much more memorable. We strongly recommend making Full Moon your partners in wedding planning and catering.

• Stayed August 2010
Greenlawn, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Full Moon Resort....nature at it's BEST!
Absolutely Beautiful mountain views... peaceful...The simple Life....!
A place to find Peace within yourself....and Nature...!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We went to the Full Moon Resort in July, 2010, for my niece's wedding. The location in the Catskills Mountains is fantastic. The wedding ceremony took place beside a stream and was beautiful. The reception was outdoors under a huge tent on the front lawn. The decor inside the tent was beautiful, but best of all was the food. It was served family style and everything from the salad to the dessert was delicious. The whole event was great. At night we stayed down the road, in a cabin in the woods, with a cute porch out front. It was a little rustic, but was clean and comfortable. We had a double bed and a twin bed in the bed room and a pull out couch in the living room. It fit five of us comfortably. There was one bathroom with a stall shower and a kitchen area with everything you would need. Unfortunately, due to work schedules we were unable to come up early and enjoy the pool and the grounds and the evening events the day before the wedding. We heard from the other guests that they really enjoyed themselves. We had great buffet breakfast before leaving. The food is excellent!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oliverea
Cold Spring Lodge
The Alpine Inn
The Alpine Inn
#2 of 2 in Oliverea
Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club

Been to Full Moon Resort? Share your experiences!