“There's a reason I stick with HHonors hotels”

Holiday Inn Express Olean
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Pacific, Missouri
“There's a reason I stick with HHonors hotels”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I've yet to be displeased with the results (*knock on wood*). Room is spacious and clean. Staff is very friendly and made great recommendations for dinner in a town that doesn't have a lot of options. The hotel is located near pretty much everything in Olean, including some ski destinations if you're into that sort of thing.

My one and only complaint if I would give one is that I had a late start to my Wednesday morning (if you call 10AM late), typically I'm out the door by 8, but this week I didn't need to be and I thought I could enjoy some extra sleep. No such luck for me because unfortunately they were using leaf blowers on the parking lot from about 8AM on. They're keeping the place clean, and most people are up and out by then, so I shouldn't complain, but I am.

Room Tip: I always pick the highest floor furthest away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
We are so pleased that you were happy with our hotel and Olean. It was our pleasure and thank you for being a loyal guest to Hilton Honors. We do apologize that the outside cleaning disrupted your day to sleep in. We know how comfy the beds are and want you to enjoy them as much as possible. We will be more cautious in the future. Have a wonderful holiday weekend and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Despite a mix-up where my reservation for two rooms which had been confirmed by telephone, the hotel had us for only one room. It was quickly sorted out but just in the knick of time as I got the last room and there was someone right behind me who was looking for a room. Brandie, the desk clerk, got it squared away. The whole staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank williamm4122014
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that Brandie was able to help you with your reservation. She is a true gem! Thank you for your comments about the hotel and the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Staten Island, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We attended a friend's wedding in Olean and had a great time . Hotel was wonderful, clean and staff was friendly. Very clean and rooms were quiet. Beds and pillows super comfortable. Free breakfast had was adequate but staff did not refill items once empty ( we slept lat and missed out on omelets.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Lisa G
Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Lisa,
Thank you for visiting us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the friendly staff. When you visit us again, if you over sleep (on the wonderful Hampton beds) be sure to let us know and we will prepare something for you. Never leave on an empty stomach!
See you soon!

Godfrey, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great for a small town. Not up to big city standards. Poor housekeeping and slow internet. Breakfast is minimal. Exercise room consists of a treadmill, a bicycle and a television. Location is good. Several restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Darryl,
Thank you for talking to me at the Front Desk. I hope I was able to satisfy your concerns with housekeeping. We will be happy to update your profile to show an AM cleaning of your room. If there is anything else we can do to make your stay better, please feel free to contact me directly.

Tbaker@visions-hotels.com
washington, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2014

the room itself was ok and services were fine however, the bathroom left a lot to be desired - rusted fixtures and caked up dirt & grime in corners do not leave a good impression. Breakfast was good and area was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tracy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We would love to talk to you about your stay and do what is right to make sure you are satisfied. Please contact me directly at the hotel via phone or email. We appreciate your review and will take whatever steps nessisary to ensure your happiness.

tbaker@visions-hotels.com
Mt. Cobb, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I am a HHonors Gold member and have to give this place a 5 based on the service and cleanliness alone. Trevor at the front desk was great, Jim who handled the breakfast service was enthusiastic and helpful. And we had a nice nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrayBN
Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel and Jim & Trevor. I will pass along your comments to them and let them know how much you enjoyed their service. I will also pass along your review for housekeeping. We will continue to do our best and make this your home away from home!

United States
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel goes above and beyond with Customer Service. I have stayed at several hotels due to travel for work and this hotel knows Customer Service. Very friendly, helpful and genuine. I would highly recommend this location whether for business or pleasure

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Ruth R
Thank you for your wonderful review and great comments about the hotel and staff. We appreciate your business and will continue to impress!

Tracy Baker, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!