“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Olean
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here. We stay at this hotel because it is very close to our family. This time we came to go to Pumpkinville. It is not a far drive there. Fantastic hotel. The staff was extremely helpful. Love the new lobby! I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for returning. We are glad you saw the improvements and hope that you enjoyed Pumpkinville! What a great place to visit!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Olean

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The location is easy to find off of I86. The hotel has had some updates within the last year in regards to the lobby and some features of the rooms. They have installed electrical outlet blocks near the beds for charging laptops/smart phones/etc.. I hate when hotels don't add those. Who wants to charge their phones near the t.v.? I pool area is in nice condition. The only negative feedback is that the complimentary breakfast items/selection has room for improvement. You wouldn't be upset if this was a Super 8, but this is a Hampton. Also, I feel the price for this small area is pretty high compared to other locations I have stayed at throughout the U.S. You may want to search around to see if you are getting the best price before committing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for commenting on the improvements we have made and for being a returning guest!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Pretty much all hotels in olean were booked the weekend of my wedding, so we ended up staying here. It was okay, we did request 2 cots that were given out to other people. I guess the first people to show up get cots even if they were noted when the rooms are booked. that made for some awkward sleeping arrangements for the grooms party. Other than that it was clean and offered a good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for contacting us. I do apologize for the lack of rollaway beds on our very busy weekend. We are currently reviewing the idea of having air mattresses available for our guests also. We apreciate your review!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here for business and was pleased with the cleanliness and convenience of the hotel. I would definitely come again. Comfy beds and convenient location = nice business trip. The air conditioning worked fine. I kept it running to keep out the random hotel noise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had a very nice stay here on a business trip. I really didn't have much to do on my solo trip to Olean so I ended up staying at the hotel for the evening and catching up on work and TV and eating delivery from El Mariachi, the Mexican place down the road. The woman at the front desk was super friendly and nice to chat with. I was really happy that they offered me free water bottles when I checked in and out. It's little things like this that make a difference, for me. The bed was comfy and the room was nice. The free breakfast was good, a standard continental. The hotel has a nice looking pool that I didn't get a chance to use. I'd definitely stay here again if I'm back in Olean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria S
trayc92, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Treshina. We certainly do hope you make it back to the Olean Area!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Although it seems I may be damning with faint praise, I do stay at a wide range of hotels and tend to judge them on the same scale. With one exception, there was nothing wrong with the Olean property. At the price and the cookie-cutter layout, it just isn't going to get a five star ranking.

The one exception was the included breakfast, which was beyond awful. The only positive thing I can say is that nothing actually came back up. Did the eggs ever see the inside of a chicken? The sausage seemed similarly manufactured. If keeping costs down means that kind of quality, why bother? I'd rather go down the street to a local diner.

Room Tip: An end room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank m20j

Thank you for your review. We do apologize that you did not enjoy the Hampton breakfast. We encourage feedback to help us to improve.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were here on a Saturday and it was pretty quiet. Room was clean but starting to look outdated. Bathroom had a huge countertop and a lot of room. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare. Too much sugar/artificial sweetners in the cereals and yogurts and too much white flour in the baked goods. I never touch the eggs/hot breakfast foods because they look scary. The breakfast area was newly remodeled and the young woman working down there kept it very clean and well-stocked. Room with two beds was $150

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank setter3
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to make it more memorable for you in the future. Thank you for the compliment about LIbby!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!