“Meh”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Cleveland, United States
“Meh”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wasnt expecting much coming into this trip. Pulling into the hotel, The first thing I noticed is that the exterior is pretty run-down. Thankfully the interior had been renovated. The lobby was nice. Check-in went well. The room was kind of musty, so that wasnt great. The pool was decent.. the water was pretty dirty though. Breakfast was good. Overall, I dont think the quality of the hotel matched the price that I paid. I was in Florida earlier this year and stayed on-site at Disney for the same exact price (which was justifiable since they have attractions and the quality of the hotel lived up to the price).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We did complete the lobby and fitness room upgrades this year. We centainly will continue to improve and appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tillsonburg, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Spent a few days motorcycling in the area with some buddies......very accommodating staff, good clean rooms and the manager allowed us to park our bikes under the portico at the front of the hotel - which was much appreciated.
Hampton Inn's are my go-to hotels and this was no exception - strongly recommended if staying in Olean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We were honored that you made the Olean Hampton your stop! As a fellow rider, it was my pleasure to make sure your bikes were well taken care of! Hope to see you again!
Texarkana, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a bad experience in checking in early and the breakfast food was not fit to eat When arriving early it would be helpful if they would call you when a room is available also I was never asked if I was a reward member I am and I never received my rewards for this stay and that is fine it was not a happy stay

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Kris N
I apologize that you were not happy with our Hampton breakfast. Please contact me at the hotel and I will be sure you receive your reward points for your stay. (716)375-1000.
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Overnight business stay. Nice enough and clean room with smaller size bathroom. Very minimalist fitness room which thankfully was empty when I used it. Typical Hampton free breakfast fare, again, nothing special. Desk staff did their jobs; nothing more. No special attention or recognition to a seasoned Hilton Diamond traveler. In fact, I had to ask for the treats attendant to same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We apologize that you didn't feel our Hamptonality. We will be sure to improve and make things more than an average stay. Thank you for your review!
Camillus, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have a very large extended family and we all got together to perform in an event near Olean, NY this past weekend. We can be a bit much to deal with because there are quite a few of us and we like to congregate in common areas since individual rooms do not have enough room. Treshina was more than accommodating and made our stay very enjoyable. Anything we needed she provided. Just an example, Treshina overheard that our children were going upstairs to watch a movie and without being asked provided our children with popcorn and gummybears. Treshina went above and beyond that of her "typical" responsibilities and really made us feel at home. The hotel was clean, tidy and the breakfast was fantastic. The pool is a bit small but the kids enjoyed none the less. I highly recommend staying at the Hampton Inn in Olean, NY. Most hotels are very similar but in this case it is the staff that seemed to make the real difference!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review about Treshina. I agree, she is fantastic!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Hotel was nice and clean , but I do have to say that the pool in the picture does not match the actual description . The pool was a flop . It wasn't big at all , it looked more like a foot pool . A cement in the center that is small and so hot inside .

They overcharged our rooms and the next day refused to talk to us / how does any body check out and not get a receipt.

The beds and the pillow are a nightmare ... It was harder than a rock , and the sheets smelled.

The breakfast was good and the afternoon snacks and the cookies where the best .

The hospitality and reception , forget it ... they where all gossiping and smoking outdoors . We had wait for them to get done , and then they blew us all cause we asked for more coffee and some amenities that was not available at that time .
For the highest paid hotel in that area , I would think twice again about staying there .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank annette10
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you found the hotel clean and enjoyed the extra amenities, however, we do apologize about the pillows. We do offer two standard types of pillows as well as some additional upon request. I will look into the staffing concern as this is not our typical Hamptonality service. We certainly hope that you will concider staying with us again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The people there really make the stay worthwhile, especially Treshina. I have stayed there twice, and she went out of her way both times to make visit special. I would definitely stay there again if I am in the area. Thank you, Treshina!!!

2 Thank Lori D
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments about Treshina. She is an absolute gem and we are lucky to have her! Come visit again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!