“Excellent stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Western New York
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We are Marriott reward members but there is no Marriotts in the Olean area so we chose the Hampton. The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was high quality. We will stay there again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Houston
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Room was comfortable, smelled clean. They were laying new carpet in the hallways. Tile in the hallway near the 1st floor elevator was popping up. Everytime you stepped on it you could feel it move. Staff was hit or miss. Female that checked me in was great, friendly. Had contact with another male later - wasn't impressed. Weather was really nice during my stay. Would have been nice to have a bench to sit on outside. I walked around the building....saw lots and lots of cigarette butts.....but nowhere to place my butt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for a funeral. Had to set up a number of rooms. They were quite accomodating and helpful as I had to call and change the reservations many times over the week and into the weekend. Kate was extremely pleasant over the phone and in person. RIck worked with us on so much during our stay - everything from a couple of things that housekeeping missed in our room, to managing all the room reservations, to following up with us on our HHonors points for the stay. Rick went above and beyond the call of duty when he actually called me back the same day after he said he would follow up with his General Manager. The service is very good at this Hampton Inn.

The accomodations are relatively average. They do have a little renovation work happening and you can see it around the hotel. Overall very good!

Looking forward to staying here again in 3 weeks for a wedding!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

A middle of the road Hampton with rooms as you'd expect though our Kleenex dispenser was empty. A ver unpleasant door permeated the corridor on the second floor. Great location though. I give it 6/10 but would give it 8/10 if the rate was 20% lower.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is exactly what you expect from a Hampton Inn. It would have been average because it is an average Hampton Inn, but bumped the rating up to account for the friendliness of the staff. The hotel is clean, overall well maintained, and located close to two colleges that allow parents to visit students at both schools on one trip. The staff was friendly, helpful, and treated everyone like they were special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
trayc92, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On my way home to TX after a three month stay in NY. The room was clean, comfy bed, quiet.
Great customer service. Carol was great and helped me with an early check-in and finding a room to my liking. I was amazed at how clean the entire hotel was!

My only negative was the TV reception was sometimes an issue with no signal or poor picture. I was so tired I really didn't mind! The Internet was great and I spent time on my iPad instead of watching TV.

My son is a food and beverage director at a Hilton so I know a good hotel and this really filled my need.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sweitzer11, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your great comments and feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great to hear guest comments especially about our staff. I will be sure to let Carol know you mentioned her name. I apologize about the TV reception- this is something I will have our engineering department look into. Again, thank you for your comments about the hotel. We hope if your travels bring you back into the area you will stay with us again.
Sandusky, OH
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everything was expected, no major issues. Took the last room, which was handicapped. These rooms are normally frustrating but at least it was non-smoking. The negative part of this handicapped room was the roll in shower and no seal on the bottom to keep any of the water in the shower. Other hotels have a roll over piece of rubber that helps keep the bathroom floor from being soaked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your stay experience on Trip Advisor.
I'm glad you enjoyed a non-smoking hotel. As you correctly stated, our last rooms are very often the ADA accessible rooms. These rooms are specifically designed for our guests with disabilities and may not be a room of choice for other guests. I'm sorry I did not have a standard room available for your stay. Our hotel being an ideal business location, often fills up quickly. Its best to call us and reserve a room as soon as possible.
I appreciate your suggestion regarding the roll over piece of rubber in the roll-in-shower which I will forward to our maintenance engineer.
I'd love to meet you on your next stay .If there is anything we can do to reserve your room, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!