“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Olean
Rochester, New York
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have always liked Hampton inns. We read on trip advisor that this was an average quality hotel. We were pleased with the accommodations we were provided. We were glad that we chose this hotel. The location was easy to find.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience. We have a large number of very frequent guests and they keep returning for value for their money--outstanding service and great benefits that the Hampton brand offers. Hope you had a chance to enjoy snacks in the evening and maybe watch a movie from our movie library.
When will we see you again? Please call us at 716-375-1000 to reserve your room. YOUR Hampton awaits!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Olean, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

The staff upon check-in was efficient & helpful. He helped us find a resturant where we could eat dinner and watch the Giants / Jets pre-season game. The rooms were immaculate. The bathrooms clean and in good repair. The beds were comfy.Very close to St Bonaventure & right off the main road. Carol, the staff on check-out was personable and informative she offered to mail a letter for me and supplied us with a map of the St Bonaventure campus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for staying with us and also for reviewing your stay. As you experienced, I have a wonderful team here that I'm absolutely proud of. I'm glad they assisted you with your needs. Ms. Carol has been with us for an impressive long time and is a very reliable source of local information.

Ms. Robin, I'd love to see you stay with us on your next visit to the Olean area. If there is anything we can do for you to welcome back at the Hampton Inn Olean, please call us at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent six nights here with my family while I worked on a mission project in nearby Friendship, NY. Because we would be here so long, our primary goal was to find something clean and inexpensive. This hotel exceeded our expectations quite nicely.

The lobby, rooms, and other areas were clean and well decorated. We enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave in our room. I used the fitness center several days (when I wasn't exhausted from building a church). The kids used the pool almost every night. We were within walking distance of a park, several restaurants, a mall, and a laundromat; all of which we used at least once during our stay. The town of Olean had an Italian festival during the first couple of days of our visit, so we walked down the street and enjoyed the festivities.

The staff were quite accommodating of our needs. The night of our arrival, the hotel was booked due to a local softball tournament. We ended up with a single king room, and had to use a rollaway for our son (the other family traveling with us got a double full, since they had two kids with them). The manager was quite apologetic, brought us the rollaway and helped with our luggage. We were able to switch to a double full room the following night, once the softballers had left. They were kind enough to make special arrangements, having our new room cleaned early so we could transfer our belongings directly. Also, due to the work schedule for my project, we needed a very late checkout (2:00pm) on our last day. They gladly accommodated us.

We only ate breakfast here twice, but it was quite good. Probably about average selection for a Hampton Inn, with waffles, fruit, cereal and eggs. They did have lots of fresh fruit available all day, so it was nice to grab an apple or banana from time to time.

My only complaints are minor. The property is adjacent to a hospital with an active helipad, which is rather noisy at all hours. Also, it is adjacent to a busy intersection right off the interstate, so there is more traffic noise than average. The aforementioned softballers were a bit unruly the first night, but that could happen anywhere, I guess. Lastly, for some reason, the cleaning staff were rather stingy with towels. We had to ask for some almost every day. Despite these minor issues, we really liked this hotel.

Room Tip: Get an even numbered room to be on the side opposite the noisy heliport at the hospital next door.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Hello!
I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for reviewing our beautiful hotel. We pride ourselves on offering our very best and am glad you enjoyed almost everything. You are absolutely correct about the level of customer care because we have an outstanding culture of superior customer service and we ensure your needs are taken care of. I will review your comments with my team to include housekeeping as well.
If there is anything we can do to reserve your next stay with us, please just give us a call at 716-375-1000. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Delmar, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The location is OK. The rooms are OK. The "business center" isn't really a center at all but is a table in the lobby with a computer. It was a little difficult using the wifi. The breakfast eggs were ice cold. The bacon was undercooked. I took a danish that looked like cheese (there was only one choice). When I bit into it it was banana. I wasn't sure if it was truly a banana danish (yuck) or if the chees danish had been stored with the bananas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Hello Grandma,
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience. Our hotel is a wonderful place to stay. Our rooms are very clean and our hot breakfast is something our guests look forward to. I'm concerned that you did not experience our On The House breakfast. I will review your comments with our breakfast team and address your concerns with them. If you would like to discuss your concerns in detail, please call me at 716-375-1000. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you again.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. The hotel was clean and inviting. The room was very nice. But the amazing part was the customer service. The manager, Sherry Dolph, went out of her way to make sure our evening was wonderful. I stay in hotels alot for work and this one was definately one of the best, but the customer service set this hotel far above the rest!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kristina,

I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for reviewing your experience on this website. We have a great hotel here and what separates us from others is our outstanding service. In fact everything pivots around nothing less than truly great service.
If there is anything we can do for you to make your next stay with us more enjoyable, please let us know. We stand to serve. YOUR Hampton awaits!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were visiting for a wedding and found our stay very pleasant. We got a good price through hotels.com. From our check in to our check out, our stay was nothing but positive. We arrived at 11am, way before check in time, but the staff graciously had our room ready in less than 30 minutes. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We loved all the extras like the free movie rentals and the wonderful cookies and pastries that were available after dinner. The highlight was probably the wonderful full breakfast including food to please everyone...fresh oatmeal, homemade waffles with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream, cereal, yogurt, eggs, and sausage...all of it delicious. Overall we were extremely pleased with our stay, the staff really made us feel welcome and comfortable.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room, the elevator could be a little slow.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for reviewing your stay experience on Tripadvisor.com. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here. We pride ourselves on superior service in everything we do---from the moment you check-in to the time you check-out and everything in between. Our guests keep coming back to enjoy the comfort of the legendary Hampton bed and they never forget to enjoy our On The House full hot breakfast. I will share your comments with our team. Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you. If there is anything we can do to welcome you to Olean in the future, please just call us. YOUR Hampton awaits!
West Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel need to be updated at once. The service is excellent, especially the lady works for the breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel looks old and apparently need to be renovated. The service from the staffs are good. The b...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Donh67
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you experienced the hospitality of our warm and friendly staff. My staff will do whatever it takes to satisfy our guests and I'm proud of each one of them.
There are newer Hampton Inns around and in comparison our Hampton Inn appears old gold. However, our hotel is fully functional and our guests not only enjoy but keep returning to us after each stay. We are renovating our lobby and the fitness center in the coming months to improve the look and feel. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do for you to make your stay more enjoyable, please just let us know.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!