“Excellent service but poor facilities”

Holiday Inn Express Olean
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent service but poor facilities”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel need to be updated at once. The service is excellent, especially the lady works for the breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel looks old and apparently need to be renovated. The service from the staffs are good. The b...
1 Thank Donh67
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you experienced the hospitality of our warm and friendly staff. My staff will do whatever it takes to satisfy our guests and I'm proud of each one of them.
There are newer Hampton Inns around and in comparison our Hampton Inn appears old gold. However, our hotel is fully functional and our guests not only enjoy but keep returning to us after each stay. We are renovating our lobby and the fitness center in the coming months to improve the look and feel. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do for you to make your stay more enjoyable, please just let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kinderhook, New York, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was shocked at the cleanliness of the room. The duvet covers (that are washed daily) are beautiful and I am planning on buying one. I came into town to visit my daughter who stays here frequently while she is on business. Everyone was very helpful, and the woman who helps with breakfast (I think her name is Sandy) was very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I'm the General Manager and am thrilled to read your review. Our Hampton beds are very popular with our guests and it is also one of the reason travellers choose to stay at Hampton Inns. I'm very happy that you are planning on purchasing a duvet for yourself. Its beautiful design and feel is a great piece for any bed.

Our breakfast hostess, Sandy, is indeed a favorite among our guests. They love her for her personality, hospitality and the warmth. I will share your wonderful comments with Sandy and she will be excited to hear about them.

Ms. Barbara, if there is anything we can do for you, please just let us know. We stand here to serve. And if you are visiting Olean in the future, please give us a call. We would love to see you with us again!
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed during a huge wedding party invasion and were very worried that things would get rowdy. That never materialized though, we did complain about our 'neighbors' once and Rick at the front desk took care of it promptly. He also set me up with milk for the baby after the pantry was officially closed despite being busy. Our room was nicely cleaned by Crystal who left us notes and wished us a happy anniversary. We had a handicapped room which was annoying due to the shower spraying water everywhere but I paid with points and didn't elect to pay more for a traditional room. Checkout was fast and friendly and we were on our way before we were ready to be gone. We'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: Avoid the handicapped rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for reviewing your stay experience on Tripadvisor.com. Rick is one of our outstanding team member and will go great lengths to help guests. He would have milked a cow for you if he had to get milk for your baby!
Crystal cleans her rooms thoroughly and she "chats" with our guests through her little notes.
I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience our great hotel. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Olean area.
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2012

we came into town for my wedding a few weeks back in June, the hotel over all was great. Gary and Rick made sure everything was great for my family. i will definitely be staying with this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you for reviewing your stay experience on Tripadvisor.com. Hampton Inn Olean is where you'll always find a friendly staff waiting on you to offer outstanding customer service. Our guests know they are in good hands with Gary and Rick. Both are very professional yet friendly with a great sense of humor.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to the Olean area. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Olean.
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have never stayed in a Hampton Inn before. The beds were extremely comfortable and clean!
The breakfast was good, a variety of items to choose from; not your ordinary continental breakfast. The staff was very pleasant. We were very pleased with our stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I thank you taking the time to review your stay experience on this website. Our Hampton Inn guests keep coming back to us because of the quality and comfort of our beds and the various choices they enjoy at breakfast. And you're right: our staff is truly hospitable and they go over and beyond to satisfy guest needs. I'm glad you'll be staying with us again. Your Hampton awaits! Thank you.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 25, 2012

average hotel with a high price. girl at check in was a bit snotty, and not much help in finding a place to eat. maybe she just needs more customer service training. beds were small, but clean.
elevator was out of order, not fun carrying luggage up to the second floor, or down to the lobby the next morning! would not stay here again, it's not your typical Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Hello! I'm the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean and I'm disappointed knowing that you did not experience a wonderful stay like most guests here do. I will be discussing your review with our Guest Services Manager to address the training opportunity we may have. The elevator was indeed experiencing a minor problem and in the interest of guest safety and security was not in service while waiting on replacement parts.It is back in service and functioning very well. I apologize that you were not helped to carry your belongings while the elevator was under repair.I would like to invite you back to our Hampton Inn on your next trip here and prove that we have an outstanding service culture and a great hotel that is well liked by our guests.
rochester
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have been staying at the hampton since Feb 2012, on and off for business ten days at a time. The staff is quite friendly and the breakfasts (free) are usually various cereals, hot egg type dishes, with home fries and such. The rooms are ok (spacious) , good hot water, and the beds are comfortable. Snacks are out after work. Nice touch,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ritchie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olean, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Its Ritchie Melag, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Olean. Thank you for the wonderful comments! Its a pleasure to know that you are enjoying the daily On The House hot breakfast and our Hampton bed on your frequent extended stays here. The Hampton bed features a custom made mattress and guests often choose to stay at Hampton Inns just to sleep in it.

If there is anything we at the Hampton Inn Olean can do for you, please let us know. We stand to serve 24/7.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Express Olean? Share your experiences!