“Don't miss the Prime Rib”
Review of Beef 'n' Barrel

Beef 'n' Barrel
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Olean
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

One of the best meals I have had out in a long time. A warm, friendly greeting at the front door and an amazing cut of Prime Rib cooked perfectly. Beef tips in sauce good too. Bread served with enough butter for a small army - a good thing! The service was AMAZING - Ronni took great care of us. The desserts are off the hook - don't miss them!

There are newer reviews for Beef 'n' Barrel

Reviewed July 26, 2014

If you like Beef, this is the place to go. Take your business guests.
A local favorite Beef on Wyck Roll.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Food here is fantastic. Seriously, get the beef. It is very, very good. The atmosphere is more of a "classic" restaurant, with ornate wood trim on the booths. The wait for getting food at a table of 10 took near 50 minutes, but I am unsure if that was because of the large group or what. I will have to come back solo and test out the timing. But once you get your food, you can see why it took quite a while. Juicy, tender meat, the gravy sauce was delicious, and the overall meal was delicious. I will be coming back to this restaurant during future business travels.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

food is good service is good but 10 bucks for a beef on wick with a dollars worth of meat is a bit much!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went to this restaurant for my parent's anniversary. We were in the area camping and we were concerned that we would be underdressed in shorts and t-shirts, but that wasn't the case. People were dressed pretty casually, everything from tank tops and shorts to polo shirts and pants. It was clean and the waitress was friendly. Service was a little slow in the beginning, but got better as the meal progressed. The food was very good. They have a roast beef carving station in the middle of the restaurant so it was a tough decision on what we wanted to order. We ordered the combination platter for a starter which contained fried zucchini, mushrooms and cheese sticks served with bleu cheese and marinara sauce. For our meal my parent's both had the New York strip steak (choice of 10 or 14 ounce) with choice of potato and salad. They both thought their meal was great, I tried a taste of my Mom's steak and it was so tender and delicious. My husband and I both had the chargrilled pub steak dinner special, which was seasoned with montreal seasoning and served with choice of potato and salad. Our three year old had the kids chicken fingers dinner. My husband ordered the Toll House Sundae for dessert, and it was big enough for us to share and tasted so good. I was full from dinner, but had to try it, and I am so glad I did. Prices are very reasonable. I would have given it 5 stars, but my steak was a little overcooked. I asked for medium and there was no pink at all, but still had very good flavor. I would love to go back and try something else as all the meals going out looked really good.

1  Thank aking724