“Welcome to Olean!”

Best Western Plus University Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Olean
“Welcome to Olean!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

At first glance, because you have to look for the sign, it's a very busy area. I wondered if I could get my rig into the parking lot. Low and behold it was much bigger than I expected , if only poorly designed. Once I stepped inside that all was a memory. Henry made me feel right at home as he checked me in( I was munching in a cookie) and shared a story with me that I won't soon forget. (We are both veterans) When I woke and stopped for breakfast which was by far more than continental, I had the opportunity to have a very pleasant conversation with Sue who offered me, not only some local information, but a few laughs.

1 Thank Arcmua7
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I would like to thank you for giving our hotel a chance and am very happy to hear that you managed to fit your rig in to our parking lot. Henry and Sue are both wonderful employees and I am very happy to hear that you were able to spend some time speaking and getting to know the both of them. I do agree with you our hot buffet breakfast is always delicious and filling, and I am glad you were able to start your day off with a great meal. We hope your travels bring you back to Olean and we hope you will stay with us again. Thank you once more and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Shokan, NY, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is basically very good. I travel most of the time and a good portion of my stays are at Best Westerns. I rate this one at the top of the list for BW. In addition to being a good value and nice place to stay the hotel is convenient to St. Bonaventure, good restaurants and shopping. For a business travel stay it is hard to beat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Robert H
As a loyal guest to Best Western we are very happy to hear that we were able to provide you with the very best experience that our Members are accustomed to, Our entire team is always please to go above and beyond a guest expectations and we are always please to have you stay with us. The local shopping and restaurants are wonderful and I am happy to hear they made your stay that much better. If you are visiting area soon we hope you will choose as again and we hope to see you very soon. Thank you again.
Overland Park, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This has been one of my best stays at a hotel in a long time; I was so very pleased at the cleanliness, breakfast and the staff. Thank you for helping to make this vacation a beautiful experience. The hotel rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff at the front desk on all of the shifts were very nice and pleasant. The spoke every time they saw you. I was so pleased with this stay. :-) :-) :-) :-) ;-) ;-) :-) :-) :-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Valerie C
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Best Western, Our entire team works very hard to provide clean rooms and friendly smiles around every corner. We are very happy that you choose our hotel during your vacation and we hope you enjoyed your time in Olean, One again thank you the great review and we hope you do visit us again.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was a very nice hotel! Cindy at check-in was very friendly and helpful. Sue at breakfast was exceptional, and the breakfast was fresh and delicious! I would definitely stay here again when traveling in this area.

1 Thank LikeToTravel3185
I would like to star by thanking you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, I am very happy here that both Cindy and Sue were able to make your stay at our hotel a relaxing and enjoyable one. I will be sure to thank both of them for the great work they do. We hope you do choose to visit the area again and when you do we hope to see your stay with us again.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were cheerfully greeted by Cindy at check-in and she was extremely helpful. Sue was very attentive and eager to please with serving our breakfast. The food was fresh and hot with a great variety of options. We'll definitely stay here again when coming back to the area.

1 Thank Daisies821
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time for a great review and choosing the Best Western during your visit to Olean, I am very happy to here you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our breakfast selection, I will be sure to let both Cindy and Sue know that hey are doing a great job and to keep it up. We all hope to see you again very soon.
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Waited 23 minutes for night staff member to finish having sex before assistance. Then wanted to check in early and was to be charged more than the 2- day rate. Day people just stand outside and smoke every 15 minutes. Customer service unbelievably terrible.

3 Thank Petersonwilliam
Hatchville
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Wife & I stayed there over Easter weekend. Yes, the crew were very polite, and very willing to help. Can’t say enough about how nice they were. This also includes the outside landscapers.

Don’t know where the other reviewers are used to staying at to base their reviews about clean, but I didn’t quite discover cleanliness thing. Were the rooms clean, yes. Did housekeeping do a good job, yes. This is out of the main housekeeping duties. The rugs in the building, and rooms, (I stayed in 2 of them), were filthy. I doubt shampooing would help. Replacement is in order.

Smells: In both of the first floor rooms we stayed in, periodically had heavy cigarette smell coming into them. Was explained to me by an hotel employee, (not going to name), that it was caused by people smoking in their rooms up stairs, coming thru the bathroom vent. Yep, it sure was.

I accepted it as it is, what it is. You pay with peanuts, you get elephants.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WRCCapeCod_MA
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations; we work very hard to provide the very best to our guest. I am very sorry that someone endued up smoking in the room above you, we are completely a non-smoking hotel and yet guest will try to avoid the rules even after being warned. We will work closely with housekeeping and font desk to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience possible. We do hope you will give as another try so that we may try once more try to exceed your expectations and provide you with the very best experience possible.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Best Western Plus University Inn? Share your experiences!