“Best western University Inn”

Best Western Plus University Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Reviewed September 5, 2013

notwekk kept for a Best western plus hotel room low pressure , rugs in hall room filthy breakfast just have coffee. if going to a graduction at college good for a couple days just make sure you bring your flip-flops or wear shoes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

I want to start by thanking you for choosing our hotel during your trip to Olean, I do apologize that you missed our breakfast we have a large selection from 6 AM to 10 AM everyday. We will work with our Maintenance team to try to improve the water pressure in the rooms. We hope you will Visit us again so we can exceed your expectation on your next stay

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm handicapped and as you may know those accepting reservations have a very limited view of what we handicapped really need as per showers and baths. I need a walk-in roll-in shower or seating arrangement in a tub to shower. Since the reservation only had a tub with grab bars after I thought I reserved a more accomodating bath the hotel manager went out and bought handicapped equipment, two different designs, for me to trial. Both worked but one was excellent and out of the ordinary. I seldom see a manager who will go out of his way this far, Excellent service, of course not so with reservations but this is great service minded manager.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I would like to thank you for your business and apologize on behalf of my staff with the reservation mishap. It is by no means an issue to provide the very best service and if that requires providing options to any and all of our guests outside of the ordinary, my entire team is always willing and ready exceed your expectations. I am very glad to hear that one of the options worked wonderfully for you. This will be very helpful in accommodating our future guest's needs. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you once more.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a very clean room with a comfortable king bed. The TV was connected to a DVD player and the room came with a microwave and refrigerator. There was a fast WiFi connection. A plus was the new "CLEAN" remote, new model with smooth, easy to clean, buttons. Breakfast was motel standard; eggs, sausage, u-make'em waffles, cereal, milk, fruit, juices and coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for being our guest during your travels. I do agree with you about our clean remotes. They're easy to use and clean daily. I am very happy to hear that you found the room accommodations to your satisfaction. We will use your feedback to continue to improve and grow within our property. Once more i hope to see you again to provide you with excellent customer service.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Breakfast was awful, check out clerk was seated in breakfast area at checkout and acted like we were interrupting her. For some unknown reason were given a handicap room-shower was awful and after we checked out my husband told me he found bugs in the bathroom (was afraid I would not sleep or stay there if he told me). Bed not very comfortable. Had stayed here about a year ago and since have done some upgrades.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of our entire team, i would like to apologize that your expectations were not met during your last stay. We will use your feedback to improve on all areas of our property. We hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline, and we could not be happier about how our stay went.
It is in a nice area with quite a few places to eat or shop nearby.
The guy working the front desk was very friendly and helpful during our stay. There were complimentary cookies and water out in the lobby as well as newspapers.
The room was large and clean and very comfortable.
This hotel also had binders of movies available for you to check out during your stay (as there were DVD players in the room), and this was at no extra charge. My husband and I were in early so we ended up renting two movies and just relaxing for the evening.
The breakfast the next morning was nice as well, with lots of fruit, yogurt, cereal bars, bacon, and eggs to choose from.
We would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I personally would like to thank you for your business. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our movies. I do agree that it does add a more comfortable environment. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our cookies. We hope you visit us again to try our other snacks throughout the seasons. I am very proud to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. I will personally thank each and every one of them. Once again i would like to thank you for choosing our property and i look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

this hotel was close to shopping and Resturants. Downtown was a short drive away, very excess able.The Staff was cordial and very helpful.The Rooms were neat and spacious. We found this to be a very nice hotel and close to where we had intended to go to visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I personally would like to thank you for your business. I am very happy to hear that our staff was very helpful and accommodating. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Olean. We know that there are many hotels that you can choose from. We are very glad that you chose us. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

room was comfortable and bathroom roomy. Breakfast was outstanding and the staff very friendly. The only problem we had was other guests in the pool area being disrespectful and not following the rules.

1  Thank Heather W
Yatin P, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel on your last visit to Olean. I am very glad to hear that everything in the hotel met your expectations. I do apologize that your experience in the swimming pool was not to your satisfaction. We do have a lot of summer traffic in and out of our property and sometimes the pool area can get crowded at times. We hope that it does not discourage you from staying with us again. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Olean.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville

Been to Best Western Plus University Inn? Share your experiences!