“OLEAN-FEB”

Best Western Plus University Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Olean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bolivar, New York, Usa
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel, excellent staff. Very clean, and had a great breakfast and even free movie rentals. Would stay again and again. My kids had a great time in the pool, there was a good breakfast for kids.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

trayc92, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments! We are thrilled they loved the pool and we look forward to your next visit!
Cuba, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed twice at this hotel now and each time I found it to be excellent. The rooms and bathroom was very clean and smelled clean. The sheets and bed smelled so fresh and were comfortable. The furniture was not shabby or worn, nothing was broken down like you so often find in other hotels. The staff was very friendly and sympathetic to my situation of being stranded by the winter storm. They gave me a break on the cost of the room and saw to my needs. The breakfast in the morning was good and they had a friendly woman named Irene that kept the food filled and hot. I was very impressed with this hotel and recommend it to anyone that is staying in the area. Its not often you find even the lowest priced rooms equipped with a microwave and coffee maker, and an excellent TV with all the best channels as well.

Room Tip: i have been on both floors and any room seems good to me
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
trayc92, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I will pass along your compliment to Irene! We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Numerous parties were occurring the weekend we stayed. Very very loud!
When we arrived it was hard to park as lot was not plowed. Check in was easy. The room was small and it appears old. Not a thoroughly cleaned room.

There was fridge and microwave in room, nice tv, and coffee pot.

• Stayed December 2012
We apologize for the disruptions during your stay. We would love the oppertunity to serve your better.
Rye, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We dropped our son off at St. Bonaventure University in August and found the hotel to be very clean and the staff very helpful & friendly, The pool area was clean as well. The beds were incredibly comfortable, there was WiFi throughout the bldg. The breakfast in the lobby was more than adequate and if you were in a hurry, they had breakfast already bagged to go (granola bar, fruit, & juice). I liked the way the lobby looked like someones living room with a gas fireplace,sofa's chairs and bookshelves stocked (take it with you & drop it off at the next Best Western you stay at),
My only complaint would be that there wasn't enough water pressure in the shower and that the little kids in the next room were too loud.
Our room was actually in the front on the main road, and the street noise was not a problem. would recommend this property and will stay there again myself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you, we look forward to your next visit!
Webster NY
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The bed sheets were malodorous, the shower floor was dirty.. Apparently it doesn't come cleaner, I asked the staff to clean the room after I left and when I came back it looked exactly the same!! The carpet in the entire hotel was visibly filthy, I didn't expect the room to be much better. I will use best western hotels as a last option in the future. I was traveling on business's as I do 12-15 days each week. I'm looking for a home away from home, at least clean!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

trayc92, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We sincerely apologize for your stay. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness awards that we have acheived and will take this concerns seriously.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Best Western Plus University Inn? Share your experiences!