“End of June Visit”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Olean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I liked many things about the motel. Loved how clean it was and enjoyed being checked in by friendly staff. I liked the complimentary breakfast, except the coffee-- if you could call it that! It did not smell like coffee and did not taste like any coffee that I've had before. Couldn't even finish my cup. Liked the workout room and also the clean, well kept grounds. The thing that would keep me from coming back is that they had fluorescent lighting everywhere!! I felt like I was in an office building or the kitchen of a restaurant. Ugh, there weren't even lamps with shades in the room, only bare fluorescent lights. Yes, it was good lighting, if I was in a workplace. But was it comfortable lighting--no! Would I stay here again, maybe, if there wasn't another clean and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
microtel2229, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with Mus here at the Microtel Inn & Suites Olean. We thank you for the kind wiords about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. I apologize for the lighting and that you felt like you were in an office building. We do hope that we see you in the future.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 29, 2013

First time we've stayed at this hotel, though we go to Olean every year for family. We normally stay at another property but their rates have gotten so high, we thought we'd try Microtel. What a delightful surprise! For less than half the rate of our usual hotel, we got a very nice, modern, new room. Beds were very firm and quite comfortable. Choice of pillows. The only negatives were that there is no coffeemaker in the room and the breakfast bar is a bit skimpy - but for the money, it's a wonderful hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I recommend it for anyone staying in Olean. (and it's across the parking lot from a Dunkin Donuts, so that helps the coffeemaker / breakfast negatives)

Room Tip: If you're a coffee person, ask for the 1st floor since there is no maker in the room - you can e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for deciding to give Microtel Inn and Suites Olean a try. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for there not being coffemakers in all our rooms and that you felt the breakfast was skimpy. We do hope that if you are in the Olean area again that you do come stay with us. We would like to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany? Share your experiences!