Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Fort Erie, Canada
“NOT FOR US!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was so thankful that we only booked a one night stay here. There is a reason the chain is called "Microtel" our room was micro, just a little bigger than a cabin on a ship!

My husband who does not have the most sensitive nose could smell an odor that indicated the room had been wiped over with a not so clean wet cloth. I had to take a face cloth and use mouthwash both in the room and bathroom to get some respite from it.

The bed was firm, but to be honest, it is rare that I find any hotel beds comfortable, however, did I also have to lie my head on "rocks" too!!

We had requested a ground floor room, big mistake, we had to listen to a herd of elephants walking/running above us for over an hour, complimented by the snoring guest next door.

Finally breakfast. Our expectations are never high when a hotel offers complimentary breakfast, but I can put my hand on heart and say this was the worst.

Toasted bagels were not going to happen as both the toasters only "re-baked" the bread, no toasting to be seen. That was the only hot item on the menu, so my husband grabs a yogurt. Unfortunately it had to be thrown away because there was mold inside the lid.

I thought I could at least get a kick start to my day with the coffee, but alas this was not to be. I drink my coffee black and unsweetened, so if the coffee is good, it's good, if not, too bad, and it definitely was too bad.

We normally stay at another well know chain of hotels, but thought it would be nice to give another a chance at our business as we travel a lot. Silly us!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your response. Please know that we use only clean cloths to clean our rooms with. We also use disinfect cleaners for all our rooms. I do apologize that you felt as though your room wasn't the appropriate size for you. We do have larger rooms. Please know that you could have requested a larger room. I'm sorry that you feel that breakfast wasn't appealing to you. Have a wonderful week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany? Share your experiences!