Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Perfect Hotel if you are visiting St Bonaventure. Will stay again. The location was perfect to just walk across the street to the university. Plus there is a DD right next door to get your coffee in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are planning a return visit. Please let us know when you will be needing future reservations. Hope to see you soon. Also I am glad that you enjoyed having Dunkin Donuts right next door for your coffee.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The price is right, the location is perfect if you ave a student at Saint Bonaventure. Clean, quiet, convenient and affordable. Just what we needed for parents' weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you consider us for future stays while your son/daughter is attending St. Bonaventure. We hope to see you soon

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Microtel in Olean last weekend and really enjoyed our visit.This hotel offers an exceptional value. The entire hotel is very clean and "fresh" looking. They have a complimentary continental breakfast each morning and the staff is just so friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoy each and every guest that comes in Olean, NY. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I found the staff very friendly at this hotel. I walked through the hallway to get to my room. The hallway smelt of very strong cigarettes. People who were smoking in 2 separate rooms had their doors slightly open into the hallway. Seems to me that should not be allowed. Once I got into my room there was no smoke smell at all. I was very happy about that. The particular night I stayed my room was very quiet and I had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the staff. Please know that we try so hard to control the odor of the smoke. I'm sorry that you had to encounter the odor. Please come back so that we can give you the stay you deserve.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

To EMELIE at the desk, first of all, Thank you so much for your consideration !!!!! We have traveled over 5000 miles on our motorcycle so far this year. We do look at reviews before we book. This was a nice, newer hotel, clean and convenient, in a lovely setting across from St. Bonaventure University--nice surprise, beautiful campus. Our room was small, but we were there to sleep for the night, not to entertain guests. We laughed at the mirror on the wall and the funny placement of the tv, and we slept well ! (you don't notice the mirror or tv when you're alseep !) Room 200 was right next to the elevator but never heard it, so it was nice and quiet. The shower was hot with extra settings , a welcome treat for our sore riding backs. Our mattress was NEW , the pillows a bit hard, and the sheets were nice and soft. Great AC ! Parking is a bit limited. Cars were parked in the extended diagonal striped spots next to the HC spots- ? those are supposed to be for HC VANS! but with limited parking, and the semi in the back lot that needed 9 spots for his truck, the other cars had to park somewhere..overall, we would stay there again, and we are selective travelers.

Room Tip: Room 200 is small, but fine for a couple for a night or two with little luggage. It was clean and q...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

I want to start off by saying I am glad that Emilee was very helpful. I do apologize for the parking. When we are sold out it gets crowded for parking. I am glad that the elevator did not bother you and that the water in the shower was hot enough. We do hope that you will ride in to see us again on one of your long bike excursions. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Overall, it was a bit expensive for the quality, but the room was clean and the water hot. The bed and pillows were uncomfortably, so none of us got the best nights sleep, they only provide an all-in-one shampoo so bring your own conditioner, and the tv (old CRT) was on its last leg going to a full red screen for several minutes at a time. Staff was very courteous, but not very helpful picking a restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We replaced all our beds in December of 2011. I do apologize that you didn't sleep well during your stay. For future dinner plans when you come back to stay with us, we have the Beef and Barrel Restaurant, Angie's Italian Restaurant, Ponderosa, Perkins, and Spraugues Maple Farm. Please let us know when coming and we can have directions available to you.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I know most people choose this hotel because of their kids attending St. Bonaventure College, which is across the street. I stayed here for another reason, to experience Rock City Park, the world's largest exposure of quartz conglomerate and giant rock formations. I was only here one night and it happened to be after a day when one of the staff had to be carted off in an ambulance for a health problem and on the move-in day for St. Bonaventure College, so the hotel was booked solid. How do I know all this? The friendliness and helpfulness of the people at the front desk. They were great and so was my stay.

Parking is a little tight right in front of the hotel, but there is plenty of private hotel parking behind the Dunkin Donuts, which shares the property. The hotel is not large, but does offer a workout room. Funny thing is, we didn't use the workout room. That's because there is a great paved jogging/walking/running path directly across the street on St. Bonaventure's campus. The path takes you through a wooded area where deer come to feed at dusk and early in the morning.

This is a nice little place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you had a great time at Rock City Park. I am glad that you utiliized the bike path. It is definitely a great asset to the area. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany? Share your experiences!