“Great hotel and staff!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Olean
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Microtel in Olean last weekend and really enjoyed our visit.This hotel offers an exceptional value. The entire hotel is very clean and "fresh" looking. They have a complimentary continental breakfast each morning and the staff is just so friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoy each and every guest that comes in Olean, NY. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I found the staff very friendly at this hotel. I walked through the hallway to get to my room. The hallway smelt of very strong cigarettes. People who were smoking in 2 separate rooms had their doors slightly open into the hallway. Seems to me that should not be allowed. Once I got into my room there was no smoke smell at all. I was very happy about that. The particular night I stayed my room was very quiet and I had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the staff. Please know that we try so hard to control the odor of the smoke. I'm sorry that you had to encounter the odor. Please come back so that we can give you the stay you deserve.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

To EMELIE at the desk, first of all, Thank you so much for your consideration !!!!! We have traveled over 5000 miles on our motorcycle so far this year. We do look at reviews before we book. This was a nice, newer hotel, clean and convenient, in a lovely setting across from St. Bonaventure University--nice surprise, beautiful campus. Our room was small, but we were there to sleep for the night, not to entertain guests. We laughed at the mirror on the wall and the funny placement of the tv, and we slept well ! (you don't notice the mirror or tv when you're alseep !) Room 200 was right next to the elevator but never heard it, so it was nice and quiet. The shower was hot with extra settings , a welcome treat for our sore riding backs. Our mattress was NEW , the pillows a bit hard, and the sheets were nice and soft. Great AC ! Parking is a bit limited. Cars were parked in the extended diagonal striped spots next to the HC spots- ? those are supposed to be for HC VANS! but with limited parking, and the semi in the back lot that needed 9 spots for his truck, the other cars had to park somewhere..overall, we would stay there again, and we are selective travelers.

Room Tip: Room 200 is small, but fine for a couple for a night or two with little luggage. It was clean and q...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

I want to start off by saying I am glad that Emilee was very helpful. I do apologize for the parking. When we are sold out it gets crowded for parking. I am glad that the elevator did not bother you and that the water in the shower was hot enough. We do hope that you will ride in to see us again on one of your long bike excursions. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Overall, it was a bit expensive for the quality, but the room was clean and the water hot. The bed and pillows were uncomfortably, so none of us got the best nights sleep, they only provide an all-in-one shampoo so bring your own conditioner, and the tv (old CRT) was on its last leg going to a full red screen for several minutes at a time. Staff was very courteous, but not very helpful picking a restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We replaced all our beds in December of 2011. I do apologize that you didn't sleep well during your stay. For future dinner plans when you come back to stay with us, we have the Beef and Barrel Restaurant, Angie's Italian Restaurant, Ponderosa, Perkins, and Spraugues Maple Farm. Please let us know when coming and we can have directions available to you.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I know most people choose this hotel because of their kids attending St. Bonaventure College, which is across the street. I stayed here for another reason, to experience Rock City Park, the world's largest exposure of quartz conglomerate and giant rock formations. I was only here one night and it happened to be after a day when one of the staff had to be carted off in an ambulance for a health problem and on the move-in day for St. Bonaventure College, so the hotel was booked solid. How do I know all this? The friendliness and helpfulness of the people at the front desk. They were great and so was my stay.

Parking is a little tight right in front of the hotel, but there is plenty of private hotel parking behind the Dunkin Donuts, which shares the property. The hotel is not large, but does offer a workout room. Funny thing is, we didn't use the workout room. That's because there is a great paved jogging/walking/running path directly across the street on St. Bonaventure's campus. The path takes you through a wooded area where deer come to feed at dusk and early in the morning.

This is a nice little place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you had a great time at Rock City Park. I am glad that you utiliized the bike path. It is definitely a great asset to the area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at the Microtel for the night my son attended his St. Bonaventure orientation this week. It was less expensive than other hotels across from the college, so we thought we'd give it a try. When we checked in that evening, there were only two parking spaces available. Nobody was at the front desk and my loud "Hellooo?" did not rouse anyone. After two other parties had arrived in line behind me, the desk clerk was finally located in the laundry room. Though our room was guaranteed to be non-smoking, the hallway was smoky and smoke seemed to seep through the walls. Maybe it was from the groups of smokers lining the sidewalk in front of the hotel. At a glance, the room seemed clean enough, but there were corners of dirt and hair in the bathroom. The tub and sink were clean. Rooms are very small, but I expected that. Upon check out in the morning, the clerk was unable to print my receipt due to a jammed printer that he could not fix. I settled for an emailed receipt, but was never offered an apology for my wait. Would we go back? No.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback to your stay in July. I do apologize that the Front Desk clerk wasn't up front. She was in doing her other duties that are assisgned to her to do. I also apologize for the jammed printer. The e-mailing of the folio to you after the printer was fixed was the quickest way to get into your hands. Please come to visit again so that we can give you the expeience that you deserve.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I arrived at the Microtel late on Saturday evening looking forward to my confirmed room. I had a confirmation email from the Microtel from Thursday. According to the person at the desk, he told me that he tried my credit card 3 times and it was declined and the manager told him to "free the room".

I asked him, ok that's fine, but I have other credit cards and if he had a problem with one of my cards, why not call me or send me an email cancelling my confirmation? How would I even know if my card was rejected or that they had freed up my "confirmed" room to another guest? He had no answer to that. He, the manager and Microtel's policy show a lack of care for customers by not doing something as simple as following up.

Feeling stranded and vulnerable in the middle of the night, I left the Microtel in total disgust as to how they treat a 10 year client relationship.

They just don't care.

Thank goodness the nice man at the Best Western up the road (which was also full) spent about 45 minutes finding me a room at a hotel in a nearby town. He understood my situation and told me not to leave until he found me a place for the night. I am so greatful to him and to the Best Western for their help.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peterpel
microtel2229, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

The Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham in Olean NY calls all guests with credit cards that don't authorize. This particular night the hotel was sold out. Front desk did trying calling guest with no answer. Once guest arrived and told that his room was cancelled...checked his cell phone to find out that Yes indeed the Microtel tried to call him but didn't answer. I do apologize that we didn't have the room. It is practice of any hotel if form of payment is not valid, the room is cancelled.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olean
Best Western Plus University Inn
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany? Share your experiences!