“Great place to visit”

98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Great place to visit”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We saw this after visiting Panama Rocks. Very impressive display of very large rocks. Nice trail to walk over, around, under and between the rocks. About a 1 hour walk if you really look around. Nicely maintained. Good gift shop for rock hounds with a lot of reasonably priced specimens.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank vjlj

Chicago, Illinois
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Awesome rocks”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

When planning a road trip to the Finger Lakes area, I happened to stumble on this privately owned park that has the world's largest exposure of quartz conglomerate (pudding stone) that was a prehistoric ocean floor along with gigantic rock formations. When I say gigantic, I mean monoliths three and four stories high with huge crevices that have become trails. All this located in what is referred to as the Enchanted Mountains area. What makes the rocks unique is that when the glacier came through it didn't touch this area.

On our visit we pretty much had the place to ourselves. The hike is only 3/4 mile and it takes you through narrow paths and crevices covered in moss and lichen. It is very green, very cool and very quiet here.

The amazing thing about the park is that it dates back to the 1890s. A rail line and trolleys brought visitors to the park, where there was a hotel and dance pavilion. There are old photos in the gift shop showing this time in park history, but when you see it today it is hard to believe that any of that was here. History also tells that the Seneca Indians roamed the area and used it as a fortress.

There is a small gift shop with historical photos, a video, a glowing rock exhibit and many rocks and fossils for sale.

2 Thank toelle
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Kid Rocks”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's always great to go back again to Rock City. I have so many fond memories of Rock City when I was a kid; now I get to take my kids. The park was great. The guy working there was a little crabby yelling at my 8 year old for something or another; but it was fun to walk through the park. My 82 year old father did better than all of us going up and down the paths. Great time.

1 Thank John F
Kissimmee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day trip for the family”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My Dad used to take my sister and I down from Buffalo when we were kids, and we always loved it. It is one of the coolest places for a boy to climb and explore and play. Now taking my own 3 young kids was just as great of an experience. As a 30-something I still really enjoy it, and my son and daughters think it's a great adventure.

Highly recommended!

1 Thank JVRacing
Flower Mound, Texas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 328 helpful votes
“Nice Place”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Took the first hike of the day here, it was hard to locate so keep looking.

The folks running the place are very kind, the walk is nice and the views of the rocks is amazing.

Visited July 2012