“Returning customers”

Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is a nice place to stay if you are looking for a cozy, woodsy type of atmosphere. The pool is very nice -- beautiful pool room. My children love it! The staff is friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast is basic but totally meets the needs of my family.
We return to this hotel frequently - all seasons - and have never had an issue.
- Mother of 3 children ages 10 and under.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Although the staff there is great, the room (#28) is in need of attention. Both beds were terrible! There was a valley in the middle and the springs poked in the ribs. Also, the wallpaper is peeling away from the walls. And they need to grout the tub again too. Might look nice from the outside but inside needs attention...sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wintergrl
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Stayed over thanksgiving, great people made me feel at home and very accommodating, would recommend to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in old forge

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Had a great weekend stay at the Lodge. The service was great, everyone was really great to me and my family.

We had been staying at 19th Green and decided to shop around for prices for this weekend getaway. Adirondack Lodge beat the 19th Green's price by $20 without any prompting from us.

The rooms are very clean, comfy beds, easy access if you get an outside room.
Continental breakfast is basic, which is fine for our family.

All in all the weekend was great and we'll be staying at the Adirondack Lodge from now on!
(Oh and the night desk manager is really beautiful!)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Colden H
Reviewed October 10, 2011

After reading the reviews, we almost didn't book here. So glad we made up our own minds!!! The room was clean, the staff was not only helpful but made us feel like friends and family. Katie went above and beyond our expectations to make our weekend special. Would not hesitate to stay here again. We will see you next columbus day weekend! Thank you for everything.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Barry L
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This place looks good from the outside but our room was dirty. It looked like the carpet had not been cleaned in ages. We certainly did not want to touch the blankets. The room numbers were paper signs taped on the door. The continental breakfast had cellophaned wrapped donuts.

The desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SusanP330
Reviewed September 14, 2011

When we arrived the entire room reeked of chlorine. We opened all the windows and left the room for a few hours. The smell was not as strong when we got back, but still not what you would expect a room to smell like. The bed was very uncomfortable. Very hard and not level. Their website (and desk clerk at time of booking) said they had free WiFi. There was no signal in our room. I told the desk clerk that night. She said that they had heard of some sort of problem but did not have anyone look into it and offered no estimate on when it would be fixed. They did offered me an ethernet cable which was unusable on my iPad. (If I had known they did not have WiFi, I would have brought an older laptop which could have used the cable.) They did have WiFi in the lobby, but this was inconvenient because our room was in a different building from the lobby and the weather was rainy. When I checked out the next day, I asked for some sort of discount because of the lack of WiFi in my room. They said that "This happens a lot in the Adirondaks" and there was nothing they could do about it. Well at least there was something that I could do about it -- leave this place and go to another motel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank aarfy
NyParrothead, Owner at Adirondack Lodge Old Forge, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

I'm sorry the Wi-Fi was not working during your stay. We do lose internet quite often in the mountains and the storms during your stay did knock out the signal in the entire town. This is an ongoing problem with the phone company.

I am concerned as to how you were treated at check-out. Surely the front desk clerk should have done something for you. I appoligize for that and will contact you seperately and try to make it right.

Again, I'm sorry this happened and hope you will return to the Adirondack Lodge Old Forge.

Sincerely, Arthur Kott, Owner Adirondack Lodge

Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Big Moose Inn
Big Moose Inn
#1 of 1 in Eagle Bay

Been to Adirondack Lodge Old Forge? Share your experiences!