“Wish I had visited sooner!”

Enchanted Forest Water Safari
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Old Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: New York's Largest Water Theme Park with over 50 rides and attractions, including 32 heated water rides! While you're here, check out our newest ride, the Curse of the Silverback!
North Syracuse, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Wish I had visited sooner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

24 years in upstate NY and I finally visited EFWS. Good time with my wife and 8 yr old daughter. Park was clean. Plenty of friendly staff. Water clean and clear on all rides. Lines for most rides were very short (if any) - with a few 10 minute long lines.

Liked the fact I could get a bar-coded wrist band, put some money on it, and keep my wallet in my locker - rather than carrying cash around. Food and beverages were reasonably priced and good quality. We enjoyed the "resort" feel with plenty of deck chairs to rest up in. Also liked not having to feel as though someone was going to steal our stuff - just find a deck chair to put your stuff on and enjoy. Plenty of lockers and parking is just a short walk for valuables. I did get a locker - but to keep my car keys in just in case our bag grew legs, at least we'd still be able to drive home. Overall the place had a laid-back feel. The music mix was just right and for the $23 discounted tickets we got through my wife's employer - I felt as that it was a good value.

For first timers - a few tips:
Walking - you'll do plenty of walking up and down hill
Some rides don't allow footwear, eyewear or hats - so you'll be barefoot on concrete quite a bit
Bring your own towels, sun screen, good pair of sandals for walking

We look forward to returning next summer.

Visited September 2013
General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! We're so glad that you & your family enjoyed your very first visit to the park! We pride ourselves in maintaining a clean & fun family environment. We look forward to seeing you next summer!

Ovid, New York, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 with 3 children ages 11,9,5 went for the day. The park was beautiful with something for everyone. All of the staff we encountered were friendly. I appreciated that coolers were welcome in the park although we did not take advantage as we wanted to splurge for lunch. I can not say enough about how affordable this was. There were no lines which has its downside when running to the top of a tall slide 3 times in a row, what a workout! The park has enough to offer to keep any one area from getting too crowded. My only complaint was how early they close (5 pm the day we went) we were ready for the fun to "never stop." P.s. if you are looking for an overpriced coaster kingdom this is not your park this is primarily a water park

Visited August 2013
General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you so much for providing us with your positive feedback. We pride ourselves in providing affordable family fun so that everyone can enjoy the park. We're so glad that you enjoyed your time with us - there really is something for everyone! At the end of the season, our hours are shorter only during the weekdays as many are preparing for school/end of summer. A perk of that is the typically shorter lines for the rides! Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Family Tradition BUT need a change up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong., love the place. Family tradition because its not far and kids enjoy. However, going year after year..., losing interest. I'd like to see something different. Looking back at photo albums, I see the kids posing w/same pumpkin, dog, old men on benches and so on. Then going even further back I found a childhood pic of myself with same props!! If you're a first time visitor you will enjoy. If you're a loyal, return every year visitor - you probably understand what I mean.

Visited June 2013
General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. One theme of our park is maintaining tradition; it's great when guests enter the park and tell us a nostalgic story of their kids are taking the same photos that they did when they were young. Our goal is to maintain a fun and classic family atmosphere. On the other hand, we do make changes to keep the park exciting for our loyal guests such as you and your family! A couple of years ago, we installed a new water ride, we add new food items, and our family circus show changes almost every year! Thank you for being such a loyal customer, we greatly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again!
Unadilla
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fun park, reasonably priced, parking is free and close by.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took my family to Enchanted Forest Water Safari for the first time last week and have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. There is free parking provided right outside the gate. The park is not so big that you spend all day just walking around getting to the rides. The non-water rides are of the type from my youth, Tilt-a-whirl, scramler etc. My nine year lod had a great time on all the vintage rides as well as the water rides. Strangely, there is not one roller coaster on th premisis. If you are into wild thrill ride roller coasters, this is not your park. The water park attractions were lots of fun. They have plenty of water slides. There were not nearly the limnes I am accustomed to seeing in the larger Six Flags theme parks.

1 Thank James F
General M, General Manager at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're so happy that you and your family enjoyed your day at the park. We pride ourselves in maintaining a fun family environment. We hope that you'll come back and visit us again soon!
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Excellent water adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We started our day doing all the dry activities as it was a little chilly in the morning. But by lunch time the sun was heating everything up so it was water park time. The grounds are nice and the enchanted forest was fun. The carnival rides were fun and the trapeze show was great. The lines for the water slides were not incredibly long so wait times were reasonable. The water was clean and found it most interesting that most of the staff working the water rides were not wearing swimming attire. Many staff in water up to their knees and waste wearing pants and capris and running shoes. That was the only odd thing at the park. Non smoking facility so that was a bonus as well you could bring in your own food and drink if you chose to.
The area seemed very nice and will consider coming back for the ski hill's in the winter.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We pride ourselves in maintaining a fun family environment, so we really appreciate your review. Team members who work in water rides typically rotate throughout the day - sometimes they're standing in knee-deep water, sometimes they're catching tubes or standing at the top of a slide. Lifeguards are the only team members required to wear a bathing suit as they typically are the only ones who would have to jump completely into the water. We're glad that you enjoyed your day with us and we hope that you'll come back and visit us again soon! Even in the winter - it's a great place to visit!!