“Excellent Food, Nice Staff”

The Old Mill Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 36 Restaurants in Old Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first time to the Old Mill. It had a great bar area with Fireplace and plenty of seating, in an Adirondack Lodge setting. The food was great and the staff was friendly and engaging to out of town people like ourselves. We will most likely stop by on our next visit back

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Bar great place to relax, either at bar or sitting in comfy chairs around fireplace or on deck. Good food and plenty of it in dining room. Soup and salad served family style. Good value. Family friendly.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were seriously disappointed with the Old Mill. Having been there years ago when we thought it was pretty good, we decided to try it again last year. The best I can say for the food is that it was edible, the service was poor (the waitress repeatedly got our order wrong), and the wait was interminable to begin with. We almost got up and left. The only good thing I have to report about the Old Mill is that the ambience is excellent but that's not enough. With the abundance of good and great eateries in the area, we won't be back at the Old Mill.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was a nice restaurant within walking distance of our motel. The food
was good, my husband and I shared a meal, and there was more than
enough for two people. Nice Adirondack decor, rather a rustic look
and comfortable. Good food, good service. Salad and bread served
family style.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The old mill is a great family style restaurant. When you get your salads the dressings are in containers so you can put on the dressing like your at home. Their food is delicious. The wait isn't long. They put the bowl of soup on your table then you serve yourself. The steak was delicious. We stayed for desert. I got the chocolate tux. It was so good. Our waitress was very nice. I would go back there if I visit Old Forge again.

Been to The Old Mill Restaurant? Share your experiences!