“Long hair was in my food”

The Old Mill Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 36 Restaurants in Old Forge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed March 5, 2013

About a third of the way through my meal I pulled a long hair out of my mouth that was in my entree . Services has definitely gone way down hill. The waitress was informed and she immediately took my dinner away . The manager not once visited our table to aapologize and when this bill was brought there was a $10.50 charge for the soup and salad which was included In my meal that I could not eat. Our biggest disappointment is that the manager never apologized . Very poor management

2  Thank Pamela W

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been eating here once or twice each summer for 30 years. Rarely changes but always good food.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

i ordered the scallops au gratin and hubby ordered the fried seafood platter
we were greeted immediately and the wine came cold and immediately
they served the soup of the day at the table in a little crock...lots there to share...
the salad was was also served at the table in a large bowl- these two were enough for 4 instead of the 2 of us..
my scallops were done perfectly and they were tender and fresh
great place to eat and they had my favorite wine...matua bay sav blanc

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have then going to the mail for many many years for dinner and have always had excellent food and the service is always phenomenal. But the last 2 * I've gone up in 2011 in 2012 the food was absolutely horrible. My girlfriend and I both decided to have the scrod and it was extremely mushy like it has been frozen for ever before and the last time I ate there last year the prime rib was not very good and the I was with their meal wasn't that great either. so the next time I go up on bypassing the mail I'm either going to the knotty pine or I'm going to big moose Inn. So I'm sorry to say old male you had your chance twice and you blew it and I'm starting to see a lot of other people are feeling the same way and I'm sure it won't be long the whole place to be closing down so get your act together get your food straightened out and come back and be like you use to be.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Old Mill provides a unique experience: unlimited salad and homemade soup with dinner. The soups are uniformly excellent, and the meals will fill you up. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Pittsford_Guy