“We stay here every year! We love the simple, family atmosphere.”
Review of Christy's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Christy's Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is a great place to bring your family or just relax. I love the outside family movie, the swing sets, sand box and especially, the beautiful pool.
The motel is located close to but not in the middle of all the downtown attractions.
We could walk to almost everything we wanted to do or see.
The owner was very helpful as usual. We'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: South end is very quiet. North end is close to play area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SouthNewBerlin_NYKay
Management response:Responded July 28, 2011

It was great seeing you two again! Sorry I didn't get more time to chat. I got out for a ride tonight for a few hours. Next time you're up ask me about the fun road I found.

Thanks for posting a review and see you soon,

Reviewed July 25, 2011

What good fortune we had to find Christy's and its innkeeper, Steve. The voice I met on the telephone was the one greeting us upon our arrival. Steve was very helpful and patient with information about the area - very much appreciated as this was our first visit to Old Forge. As we left the office for our room, Steve went ahead to get a plywood pad for me to put under the kickstand of the moto - very thoughtful! The facilities are very clean, well-maintained, appropriately updated. Steve has a BBQ and a firepit available for guest use and he puts family-oriented videos up on an outdoor screen in the evening. He was very accommodating of our unusual 'biker' needs on a rainy morning, even getting the weather radar up on his computer for us - a VERY HAPPY EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arrowmaker0813
Management response:Responded July 28, 2011

It was great meeting you two and hope to seeing you again on one of your roads trips. Next time you'll have to try white water rafting in a lighting storm! :-)

Thanks for taking the time and posting a review,

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our first motel experience for myself and my son. Many positives: cozy room, good parking, soft bedding, very clean bathroom, great AC and free internet. Convienence store located across the road, with a redbox. My son enjoyed the pool, the playground and the sandbox. We missed the evening movie; there is a white screen on the side of the shed with little chair for children/families.We were just to exhausted after the waterpark. We were able to walk down to mini-golf place with an ice cream stand. Other restaurants were walk-able distance. Quiet and great price. No coffee pot in room (I bring one when I travel so not a big deal)

Only negative was little bug beetles found crawling on the rug and two found in the bathroom. I found 8 of them and brought three to the front desk so show them. The lady dismissed them as they were normal and all over her house. I didnt notice any outside of the motel or in our bedding (we looked). We wore flipflops in the room to avoid walking on them as they were difficult to see on the rug.

1  Thank MelanieFlack

Melanie,

It's always rewarding when you see guests to the Old Forge area enjoy themselves when visiting and it was a pleasure having you and your son stay at Christy's..

Kathy the lady in the office did some homework on the beetles. She made some phone calls about them and found out from the DEC office in Watertown that they are a European Chafer. When she called the DEC Officer got a laugh and asked if she was from the Old Forge area. She told him she was and asked why. It seems they have gotten a few calls about them this year. I did a search on them and here is some of what I found.

The adults come out of the ground in late spring and mate in large swarms, usually on low trees and shrubs. The beetles are most active on warm, clear nights when the temperature is above 19C (66F). They emerge at about 8:30 pm, mate through the night, and return to the soil by daybreak.

Sorry for the inconvenience they caused you. It seems each year we have some kind of nuisance bug flying or crawling around. But that is one of the great things about living in the Adirondacks, is seeing all the interesting things Mother Nature can show us. I posted a picture of a moth that was on the office screen door a few years ago. This thing was really neat!

Thanks for staying with use and taking the time to post a review,

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Last minute travel plans, we were able to get a room at Christy's.
Everything seemed to be fine, on the outside everything seemed to be clean. I had no reservations when it was time to climb in bed to go to sleep . I was woken up around midnight by noise by the family members of the property. This went on til 2:00 a.m. When I woke in the morning, I found dried on blood on the sheets. This was not on mattress pad which tells me that the blood was on the sheet before. I notified owner about this. I showed him picture of it. He came to the room and looked. He told me that the housekeeper would not put a sheet on the bed like that. He did not believe me. I do work at a hotel and I know this is unacceptable from the owner. Nothing was resolved. When we were leaving, we saw a housekeeper give us the middle finger. We stopped and asked her about this and she denied it. We know what we saw. I have never been treated so badly at a motel before. I DO NOT RECOMMEND CHRISTY'S!!!!

6  Thank Frannycamp
Management response:Responded July 26, 2011

There are two sides to every story or in this case a review and it is amazing to think this review was inspired by a piece of ice.

Just before checking out an adult guest came to the office with an ice bucket and a large plastic bag looking for the ice machine and up untill then there had been no complaints about
anything from the guests in this room. I told her the machine was in the office behind the door
and said to her, as we say to all our guests during high ice demand periods, if she needed
large quantities of ice it could be purchased across the street at the store. She turned around
and walked away without even filling the ice bucket. Within minutes the other guest in that
room came to the office, camera phone in hand, stating she wanted to show me what she said
she slept on. I couldn't tell what the picture was. She told me what she thought it was. I
went to her room with her to see for myself what she was talking about. There was a spot on
the sheet, the size of a large walnut, right where you would sit on the edge of the bed. It was
something you certainly wouldn't miss. I asked her why she didn't say something about it last
night and she said she didn't see it until the morning. A sheet can be washed and not come
completely clean and if the size of the stain is very small it could be missed . However this
spot was way too big for anyone to miss. The housekeeping staff would have seen it when
making the bed and replaced it with another sheet.

I find it very interesting that she states the family members of the property woke her up as
she doesn't know me or my family. There were guests in that had rented 10 rooms for the
evening and enjoyed the outdoor fire pit until 11pm. (our quiet time) I doubt any of them were making enough noise to wake her, as they use sign language to talk to each other. The group she accuses of waking her were in town to pick up their children from Camp Mark 7 a camp for deaf, hard of hearing, and KODA individuals. (Kids Of Deaf Adults)

As for a housekeeper giving her the middle finger, Val, the housekeeper she is talking about
has worked here for over 20 years and waves to just about everyone in the morning as they
depart. This guest slammed on the brakes, backed up and accused her of doing so, Val told
her she was just waving good bye to her. In closing please think about this. This guest
knows just what to say to give a motel a bad review, as she works at one. If you would like
to see pictures of the spot please email me and you can judge for yourself.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Best MOTEL I've ever stayed in. Price was very reasonable and that's why I was not expecting such a nice, clean motel. Newly remodeled. Owner is on premises and very pleasant. The television had all channels that we are used to getting at home. There were plenty of quality towels. Outdoor screen with movie that played at dark. Little playground and a swimming pool. Across the street there was a convenient store. Very nice. I will be going back.

1  Thank paradiseseekersx3
Reviewed June 23, 2011

There are 2 craft shows held at Old Gorge and Inlet and my husband and I have a booth at each show..We were fortunate enough to get a room at Christy's and when we got there I can see why the Motel is always full.
Great service and the owners go above and beyond..Close to many awesome Resturants one of which is Frankie's..We now make this our yearly get away..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2011

By far the cleanest and nicest motel we have ever stayed at! We celebrated our 1st anniversary here and may make it an annual tradition! The staff were excellent-and even thoughtful enough to provide the guests with a list of thing to do and see! Thank you for making our 1st anniversary perfect!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc
Clarks Beach Motel
Clarks Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Christy's Motel? Share your experiences!