“Lovely Way to spend 2 Hours” 5 of 5 bubbles

Old Forge Lake Cruises
New Bern, North Carolina
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“Lovely Way to spend 2 Hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We took the 2 hour "Sightseeing" cruise ($18). AAA gives a $1.00 discount per ticket.
We enjoyed a relaxing time aboard the boat, first sitting on the outside upper deck and then moving below when it got a bit windy.
Captain Bob and his First Mate were very friendly and informative.
We purchased some drinks. They serve soda as well as alcohol.

Visited September 2012

Montrose, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very pleasant way to spend a few hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This boat cruise was informative and a great way to see parts of the Chain of Lakes that you wouldn't normally get to see. The ride takes passengers on a double decker boat on the first 4 lakes in the chain. In case of rain, the lower deck is covered, but the top deck is open to the views, so I reccomend up top. We learned things too!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank jktran
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Captain Bob is well versed in the history/lore of the Fulton chain of lakes. The cruise itself is very calm and relaxing, saw several common loons. I would go again.

Visited August 2012
Utica, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nice afternoon ride”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Loved the scenery, the slow pace made seeing gorgeous camps and woods nice, but the cheap chairs that were zip tied together made for sitting way too close to others. Would've been nicer to be able to spread out a bit on the top deck. I understand not wanting the chairs to blow around, but I also didn't want to sit so close to the folks I came with, let alone strangers. LOL, it was very nice, but could've been better with a little space.
Great deal to be had in the local coupon book was buy one get one free, so a 2 hour trip for two was only $18. That was super nice!

Visited August 2012
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Nice and Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is a two hour relaxing boat ride. There is nothing really for kids, so unless your young one likes to sit and look out from the boat for 2 hours, it's not for them. There were a couple of kids on the boat and they seemed bored.

I was lucky enough to go on an absolutely picture perfect weather day during PEAK leaves season. It was absolutely beautiful! I also went on this same cruise a couple years ago, during mid summer. I enjoyed it then too. There are many beautiful homes and camps - things I NEVER could afford and are fun to look at. And of course ..... the mountains.

I personally, really enjoy just sitting on a boat and looking around at any lake scenery. So I really enjoy this. It is a slow moving boat - a nice way to spend an afternoon. (Bring suntan lotion if it's sunny!)

They do sell snacks (pretzels, chips) and have juices, bottled water and alcohol (I know they had beer). I think the "adult beverages" may make this trip a little more fun.

This is a good thing to do at least once if you visit Old Forge regularly.

Visited October 2011