“Amazing”

Sisters Bistro
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Old Forge
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a fine dining bistro in an old Victorian building on the Main Street in Old Forge, NY. Our menu changes regularly depending on what is in season and fresh and can be locally sourced. We strive to use as much local and organic food as we can find. Our food is creative and fun and made to order. Dress is casual so come as you are. Bring a sweater as half of our dining is outside on the back deck or the wrap around porch. We usually have live music on Friday and Saturday night. Give us a call to find out who is playing. Reservations welcome. We are open from Memorial Day to Columbus Day Wednesday-Sunday for dinner from 5 to 10 and for a Mid-Day meal on Saturdays and Sundays from 11-3 From Memorial Day until June 26th, 2015 Then we are open seven days a week for brunch, lunch and dinner and drinks from June 26 until Labor Day. Check back for Fall days and hours of operation Come join us for something to eat or a drink at the bar. Eat well ... Be Well
Middleville, New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was very lucky to have found this treasure. It was simply amazing. Me and my two friends wanted to try something different yet opulent. This place hit the mark. It was amazing food, presentation, taste, atmosphere, and service. We sat on the back porch and had a amazing dinner. I had a pear salad, It was a amazing party in my mouth. Then i had a dish that had duck, a cherry sauce, and rice. I had never had duck before and lets just say, amazing. Desert was a Smore, but this smore i got to make with its melted chocolate sauce and beautiful marshmello base. As a Hospitality buissness major and worker in the field i have to say, nice job to those of sisters bistro. i will be recommending it to anyone in old forge and WILL be there again soon.

2 Thank KFuller2792

Old Forge, New York, United States
“This must be THE PLACE”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

There's nothing like this place, anywhere near this place, so this must be the place. A wide variety of excellent dishes in a gorgeous, artfully restored victorian mansion on Main Street in Old Forge. Wrap around dining porch, intimate dining room, and a dining deck at the rear. And the bar: A nice, warm day put and the bistro setting us in the mood for a Mint Julip, even though we're usually swept away by the great, affordable wines. Bartmaster Mike Martin left for moments, only to reappear with fresh mint from the Bistro's garden. Service like that always puts us in the mood for wandering through the menu of herb-infused mussels, beef shanks, and the full array of vegetarian selections. Can't go wrong with Chef Michael, and it's a full-on experience. So much more than cocktails and dinner.

3 Thank Mike F
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“Elegant atmosphere, fresh from the garden, excellent food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was fortunate to be in Old Forge for an extended period of time. I say 'fortunate' in the sense a large part of that time was spent at Sisters Bistro. I ate no less than 20 meals there and tried nearly everything on the menu. From my perspective, every dish I tried was simply superb. One evening, my server Kyle, mentioned a special with grits, shrimp, and ham cooked 'southern style.' I am no lover of grits, in fact I hate them! But since everything I've had at Sisters had been exceptional, I took a leap of faith and ordered the grits. I'm really glad I did as the dish completely blew me away - it became my favorite and I ordered it 2 other times! I told Chef Michael I would not be having grits until I came back to Old Forge.

I had heard complaints the portion sizes were too small. I disagree completely; I am over 6 feet tall and have a generous appetite, yet a 'Sisters Salad' and 'Oven Roasted Atlantic Salmon' was more than enough. In fact, on another evening I added soup to the salad and meat but felt like I had over-eaten.

One thing I noticed right away at Sisters was the food didn't need any salt - in fact, Chef Michael seasons his dishes so perfectly with herbs and spices, I didn't need salt on any meal I had. High praise coming from a salt addict!

Finally, if you want an exceptional dining experience then Sisters will be perfect for you. The pace is leisurely, staff friendly, and the sisters, Jeanne and Susan, often come by to say "hello." In this fast paced world where food is thrown at you even in so called 'fine' restaurants, Sisters is a welcome break. Go once and you're sure to return!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank George M
Glastonbury, CT
“A relaxing evening of small portions...”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We have been to the bistro many times since they have opened and generally find it to be consistently very good. The new chef is personable and we have enjoyed the menu changes with one exception. The portion sizes have shrunk from tapas to amuse bouche and it is not a welcome change. The fare is a mix of local flavors and elegant fine dining choices and the cheese plate is usually a delicious end to the meal. I would recommend stopping by but order more than you think that you need!

1 Thank CrazyaboutDiving88
Pompey, New York
“Excellent food but where's the rest of it?”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am always in the search of good food made with fresh ingredients. Sisters Bistro definately has that covered. The food is excellent, very tasty, and either comes out of their garden or from local farms. I only have 1 problem with this restaurant. The portions are extremely small. I have eaten at many restaurants from Maine to Montana and this one has the smallest dinners of any place I have ever eaten. I would gladly pay extra money for a bigger portion. If you are not hungry or typically eat like a super model, you will be fine. However I found myself walking down the street to a local pizza place in an effort to feel full after my dinner. They have great food, they just need more of it!

2 Thank MercsMiles

Been to Sisters Bistro? Share your experiences!