“Awesome!”
Review of Water's Edge Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Water's Edge Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great place to stay! Right across the street from Water Safari! We always get water view which is very nice. Sometimes the deer come out behind the hotel. Very nice place. Great pool. In walking distance from many attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lori W

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visit Old forge to snowmobile just about every year or so, and Water's Edge is the place to stay. The location could not be more convenient. If you stay on the lower level you can ride right up to your hotel door on the lakeside. The beds are clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms are as well. No "Yuk factor" at Waters Edge- you can rest assured. The indoor pool and sauna are a nice bonus. Water's Edge is centrally located to trail systems, and right in the heart of the local restaurants, theater etc. All dealings I've had with the personnel at the front desk have been helpful and courteous. Good people here. This last trip we ended up arriving a night early. We called en route and had no worries upon arrival late that night-even though the staff had left for the night, instructions for us were posted and the rooms were all set! I do have one suggestion that came out of the mouths of babes- as we were packing to travel up North my son said, "Mom should we bring the boot/glove dryer or do they have them there?" That would bump this review to a perfect 5 stars for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MandLBart
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was concerned to visit after reading the reviews as I had already booked our trip. I was expecting to be dissapointed, however, I was pleasantly surprised! Our room, lakeside double, was quite comfortable and clean. We were right by the pool and could not smell chlorine in our room or hear the pool action. The beds were very cozy, the sheets were soft and clean. The bathroom is small but new and clean so the size did not bother us. (family of 4) The water was hot and the shower was better then most hotel showers I have experienced. We were visiting for the Christmas on Main St event and were delighted to have Breakfast with Santa! Breakfast was very delicious. The story time with Mrs Claus was clever with milk and cookies for my little ones - I even had a cookie they were so good! Every memory and experience here was magical, thank-you Water's Edge Inn! We will return when we plan our ski trip!! The beany baby gifts were much appreciated in our goody bags and my boys love them, thank-you very much!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Danielle H
General M, Public Relations Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Danielle,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! This year was our first year for the event Breakfast with Santa and we are so glad that you and your family enjoyed the activities here at the hotel and in town. Next year we will once again be hosting Santa for breakfast! We look forward to seeing you and your family for your upcoming ski trip!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I wish there were more stars to give! From the staff to the view this was one of the most amazing places that my family and I were fortunate enough to discover. Everyone here was so accommodating, and by the end of the week we were on a first name basis with Becky, Ashley, Grace, and Gai. They were extremely helpful in giving us the “what to do’s” of this beautiful little town. We were able to enjoy the Adirondacks and all it has to offer. I highly recommend renting a boat and going out on the pristine lakes, riding the water slides at the “Enchanted Forest”, white water rafting, and hiking Bald Mountain. The rooms were extremely cozy, clean, and contemporary. I could go on and on….the waterfront views, fireplace, library, continental breakfast, friendly staff, Jacuzzi tub, indoor pool, etc. We can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marie L

Marie,

Thank you for all the kind words about our hotel, staff and small town! We enjoyed having you here and we are happy to hear that our “what to do” recommendations were appreciated. We always feel fortunate to be a part of our guests Adirondack experience. We are delighted to hear that you and your family are planning to return!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

But I guess not. Could repeat all the bad reviews, but won't bother. Bottom line, creepy and old, smells bad. Sheets were thick and stiff with some sort of ruberized bed topper under the sheets. Looked like 4 other cars in the parking lot and desk clerk put us way down on the other side of the building in a handicapped room with only one night stand and towels that looked like they were hung by a child. Said all the other rooms were filled. Some creepy man hung out in our hallway, not sure if he belonged here, but outside doors were not locked at night. Anyone could enter. No break on price even though we didn't arrive until after 8:00 pm. Breakfast included some semiwarm dried pieces of French toast, warm cubes of potato mix, cheap muffins, yogert and bagels and an artificial syrup you pour from a big plastic container. Did someone mention the old RCA tvs with fuzzy reception? Obviously the customers are not a priority at this place. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Osprey-6
General M, General Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Osprey-6,
We appreciate you taking the time to write an online review, and we apologize that you were unhappy with your room and our hotel. The room you stayed in is a “Standard King” which is our most economical room ($65 plus tax) and is also handicapped accessible, we only have three of these rooms. Since they are the most economical they are usually the first to be booked, that was the only Standard King available upon your arrival. Since acquiring the hotel in 2006 we have tried very hard to update the rooms. We have put over $100,000 each year for the past 5 years into renovating and updating our hotel. We are currently in the process of replacing all of our televisions and cable/internet with a dedicated fiber optic line, we have been actively trying to solve our cable/internet issues over the past year and hope to finally have a solution. We would like to assure you that our hotel is very safe and secure, we have never had any problems with safety or security. Breakfast is a complimentary continental with two hot items each day as well as many other options such as yogurt, bagels, muffins, cereal and more. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment you experienced and hope you will return to Old Forge in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Beware!! Read other reviews carefully about this place falling apart, moldy carpeting, nonfunctional internet, and being a cash cow for its owners. Spotty internet because of its "location in the Aditondacks?" No, it is 2012. And that excuse doesn't cut it for these prices at a hotel that needed a renovation in 1980. If you've read these reviews and stay here "for the location," remember--you've been warned.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank caverbw

Caverbw,

We’re very sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel. Every room has been updated within the past 6 years, as each Fall we choose several rooms to renovate, spending over $100,000 each year in renovations. We have been actively trying to solve our cable/internet issues over the past year and hope to finally have a solution in place by the end of the year. Unfortunately, in the Adirondacks and in the village of Old Forge we are working with outdated infrastructure with the cable/internet lines. We appreciate your comments and have taken them to heart. We would be pleased if you would consider a return visit to the area.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I arrived early (12noon) with my five children (age 14- 3) and my elderly parents. Other than wishing I'd thought to ask for a lobby level room for my dad (who had trouble climbing the two small flights down to our rooms), our experience was perfect! Staff was friendly, rooms were clean (and I am picky because of my kids, and I'm a nurse!), and the breakfast was awesome! We were allowed to stay in our room added time (my mom had recently had surgery and I wanted her to be able to rest before we got on the road the next day) and the staff was great about it! My kids want to go there every summer, and I think we will. The location is great (esp. if you are going to Water Safari), and the Pied Piper restaurant next door is the best deal in town for lunch with kids. We walked over from the hotel to get our meal and were in our rooms in about 5 minutes. The steak house at the outskirts of town was a bit pricey, but worth every cent of the splurge. Dont' stay anywhere else..the added few dollars you might save are not worth it! My mom and sister and I has always travelled and stayed at different places in Old Forge...now we have a HOME at this hotel!

Room Tip: ground floor with a view of lake was so pretty...porch was small but sweet for the kids and a wonder...