“Clean and located near most activities” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Water's Edge Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Water's Edge Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Syracuse, New York
“Clean and located near most activities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is nice. The room was clean, the views are good, and the price reasonable. It is located near the center of town and convenient to the wayer park acceoss the street. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank nyfamily1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We rented one of the rental houses over Memorial Day. we had 5 children and 2 adults. the house has 6 bedrooms (13 single beds) and 3 bathrooms, a coin-operated washer & dryer, 2 refrigerators, and a computer with intermittent internet access. It was big and spacious and we also got to enjoy the pool, sauna, and breakfast at the hotel, which was just up the road. Also, they have maid service for the house which was awesome - they made the beds, cleaned the bathrooms, gave new towels, and emptied the trash, just as if we were in the actual hotel...
The only minor complaints we have are: the TV remote was missing and they gave us one that we could not get to work. no big deal. There wasn't any hot water, but they came right over and got that working.
Wish the Enchanted Water Park was open, but the go carts and arcade were, which made the kids happy. The woman at the front desk was wonderful - she was very nice and helpful.
Would TOTALLY recommend this for any large group wanting a place to stay...very close to town and shops...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've stayed at the Water's Edge Inn over a number of years and have seen changes both good and bad. Bad was when the Bar and restaurant closed. I use to look forward to the Friday night fish fry and the drinks at the bar. The best has to have been the jacuzzi sweet with the king size bed in the loft with a spiral staircase. I've stayed in several rooms at the Inn and all of them were nice rooms and I always get the pond view which is best. Only one experience turned me a little sour and that was the room I got too near the indoor pool on the bottom floor. The hallway reeked of chlorine but the room itself only had a hint of the chlorine smell. If we kept opening the door to the balconey it would flush out the odor.

All in all I like this Inn and I would stay here whenever I'm in Old Forge. I just would ask for a room away from the pool.

One more thing to add. You've got to get a room facing the pond and be there at sunset. Sunsets in Old Forge on a clear evening are spectacular.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alain L
East Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed at the Water's Edge on St. Patrick's Day, 2012 (a Saturday). I booked a king leisure suite. It was immaculately clean & cute. I've read that some of the rooms, or maybe all by now, have been renovated. I'm not sure if ours was or not. We had a balcony with adirondack chairs and it was nice enough to hang out there! Perfect view of the lake too. The living area was near the balcony which was cool (there was a tv in both the living room and bedroom), but when you opened the door anyone passing by could see someone in bed, so I kind of prefer that the living area was near the door. Check-in was the usual - in at 3, out at 11 a.m.

Where we stayed was near the library so it was a bit loud, and it was St. Patrick's Day anyway. I'm not sure if the noise was from the pool area or the library, or both, but the noise level definitely came down when the pool closed at 9:00 p.m. I didn't use the pool or eat there (brunch was too early on Sunday!). The library was adorable! LOVED it! tons of comfy chairs and a great view of the lake.

Cable tv was a little fuzzy, better near the lake side, and internet was decent. You are in the Adirondacks, remember! And also remember that this place is right across from the Enchanted Forest Water Safari, so there's probably lots of kids and noise during the warmer weather!

All in all, I really liked it. My boyfriend was with me and we really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room away from the main lobby for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Price was reasonable considering they were between the snow and summer seasons. It was quiet, and they supplied the rooms with pleanty of towels. The bathroom could have been cleaner, I think they forgot that a clean floor is important. We did not even bother with breakfast. There were not many healthy choices at all- for a few dollars you are better off going into town to Walts Diner. If we had paid high season rates the breakfast would have been more disapointing. The desk staff did not seam to care one way or the other that we decided to spend our time and mony with them- I guess they are used to that being a tourist town, but I would have thought they would have been a bit more cherry in this "really off season". Will probally not go back since there seems to be many choices in town to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KValente
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you felt the bathroom floor was not clean, we would like to apologize for this. We strive to provide the best for our guests and have taken the time to discuss this with our staff. Our continental breakfast is meant to be a light meal and we are currently looking into more health conscious options to add to our selection. If you would like to contact us directly with your suggestions we would greatly appreciate it. We are also disappointed to hear that the front desk staff was not friendly; we will speak with them directly. The staff sincerely hopes that you will consider a return stay. If you would like to contact us directly, you can write us at info@watersedgeinn.com or call 315-369-2484.
Syracuse, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I love Water's Edge Inn. The rooms, view and the staff, Grace, Gaye, Becky & the rest of the girls are just great. We stay @ Water's Edge twice a year, in July as a business trip/mini vacation and in October as a Fall Getaway. There isn't anywhere else in Old Forge that I would consider staying.

Room Tip: You can't beat the lakeside rooms for the view no matter the season.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Reba O
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have to say i was annoyed by the NEGATIVE reviews i have just seen on here. My family and i stayed here at the Watersedge this year in June. We had a basic room with 2 beds. The room was very nice, clean, and even though it was one of their smallest rooms we still were comfortable. I was looking for a resort type area we could go to without paying a fortune. I was fortunate enough to find a room left during their off season pricing. We stayed there off season and we were there for the Thunder in the forge. We are not motorcycle riders but this is, in my words...a Motor Cyclists Convention. I was skeptacle about staying there that weekend because of this. However it was absolutely fantastic. All the riders were sooooo nice and considerate. VERY friendly. Even when they were all in the lounge and i wanterd to sit there they were very kind to me. I enjoyed the pool. The staff was extremely kind, and considerate. Always smiled at me and asked if we needed anything. The breakfast they had was your plain type continental breakfast however it was very sufficient. The service from the kitchen staff was very friendly and always cheerful. I found that the staff showed excellent customer service. The lounge area was very comfortable and nice as well. I have stayed at super RITZY places before and didnt get the service i got here. We have decided we will go there every year. I will say though if you want a room of ANY type to BOOK early.... dont assume you can get in by booking at a later date for your stay. I infact just got off the phone with someone there booking my stay for next year and was treated VERY nicely. Very friendly and personable. And yes... I booked our stay for the same weekend the motorcyclists will be there.... Great fun. The stores also had great prices. A total enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Book early for the suites.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank c Michael n Jan... L
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Water's Edge Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We always appreciate guest feedback. Our staff was delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We're looking forward to accommodating you for many years to come!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Forge
#4 of 12 in Old Forge
Clark's Beach Motel
Clark's Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!